Hacking Apps, Software and Tools for LiveArea in the future?

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As most of us know, the Vita dosen't run some Kind of Windows/Android as OS, instead it runs on it's own "LiveArea"-OS. (P.S.: Does any other device use LiveArea? Or is it specially made for the Vita by Sony?)

Anyway... will it be possible in the future to create/port/install/run various apps on the Vita?

I read, that Skype is possible - http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-skype-for-ps-vita-working.467763/

A much better browser than the one that came with the Vita would be nice... for example.

:unsure:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Skype isn't a homebrew port, it's a native app that was discontinued by MS which that user managed to "revive".

Is it possible to "port" other things? Sure, if we had the source. Is anyone likely going to? Probably not. There's simply not enough interest in things like custom web browsers or even just a web browser port when everyone and their grandma has a smartphone these days they could easily use instead.

Also, the OS is based on FreeBSD, it's not called "Live Area". That's just the name of the GUI.

Reactions: Bonny

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haha... you're right. I just want these things, cause i still got no smartphone :sleep: And i like surfing the web on my couch/bed with the Vita. :ha: Thanks for the FreeBSD-Info, i didn't knew that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono aufio