Apple's Music Event

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Inunah said:
....Yeah, but $229 is also the minimum price for a first gen iPod Touch REFURBISHED. That's WAAAAAAY too overpriced.
I'm sure you can find a 1st Gen one for a LOT cheaper than that. Take a quite search on eBay for instance. They definitely shouldn't be charging that much for the original model fixed up a bit.
In fact you can find 2nd Gen ones for $100 or so on eBay. Take a search yourself, quite a lot of the auctions are coming to a close.

Also if lack of funds is the problem you shouldn't be looking at a top-end media player anyway let alone complaining they're overpriced. If you've got money issues you don't get luxury items e.g. MP3 Players. I know its a bit much but you can't expect a player like this to cost sub-$50. I did a quick look on Amazon and got these results for MP3 players under $50. Its the low-end 2-4GB players mainly. An iPod Touch has a lot more hardware in it than those players.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Inunah said:
....Yeah, but $229 is also the minimum price for a first gen iPod Touch REFURBISHED. That's WAAAAAAY too overpriced.
I'm sure you can find a 1st Gen one for a LOT cheaper than that. Take a quite search on eBay for instance. They definitely shouldn't be charging that much for the original model fixed up a bit.
In fact you can find 2nd Gen ones for $100 or so on eBay. Take a search yourself, quite a lot of the auctions are coming to a close.

Also if lack of funds is the problem you shouldn't be looking at a top-end media player anyway let alone complaining they're overpriced.
But I want a media player that can play my music and use the iPod Touch / iPhone Robot Unicorn Attack application AND surf the net.

I have a different one, but I hate it because it's a chinese ripoff that isn't worth shit and doesn't do anything.
tongue.gif

This means the only choice I have is to stick with the MP3 player I hate and would rather trash, or buy an iPod Touch.

I can't buy from eBay, either, since my mom doesn't trust it....

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, all I have to say is tough luck. Sorry I ninja-editted my post to add some more helpful info such as an Amazon search for $25-50 players. There are some old, used iPod Nanos coming up though. Or a Creative Zen MX (I own an original Zen and can vouch for their good quality). No apps or anything but a 1st Gen iPod Touch will have trouble running 90% of the newer Apps anyway.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
iFish said:
1st Gen iPod Touch does not even have iOS4.... And never will
*sigh* Does that really matter in the grand scheme of things? He wants an iPod Touch (even though he can't afford one) so the most likely one he can get is a 1st Gen one off eBay. iOS4 adds a load of stuff 2nd Gens can't even use anyway. Just get an iPod 1st Gen, use an old version of iTunes so you can Jailbreak and voila you have something almost as good.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I suppose you can always trade away your other electronics, like your DS or something.
...I won't trade away my consoles or my DS, but I do have a Game Boy Color I'd be willing to part with... But that's worth nothing now.... And I've got nothing else to trade away.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
iFish said:
1st Gen iPod Touch does not even have iOS4.... And never will
*sigh* Does that really matter in the grand scheme of things? He wants an iPod Touch (even though he can't afford one) so the most likely one he can get is a 1st Gen one off eBay. iOS4 adds a load of stuff 2nd Gens can't even use anyway. Just get an iPod 1st Gen, use an old version of iTunes so you can Jailbreak and voila you have something almost as good.
Jailbreakme.com

It doesn't have 4.0, so doesn't have 4.0.2 which blocks the exploit, so those older devices can always jailbreak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock