Hacking [APP] GatewayFlash

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
good job! i made one for myself last weekend, but only used it for my own because it was really buggy. this looks promising!

wchill

Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It works just like win 32 flasher app we use. It writes a raw img file to SD. Becareful however as your intelnal microsd will show up aswell. Also op when gateway have multi rom support maybe add a option to copy to fat 32 per gateways standard when released and maybe Like the nes hunter pro app show our collections with the cover pics or even the banner pix inside the rom. (There is tools to extract these.

Yep, you're correct. It works using dd (which is why root is required).

I've made it so that it only displays external media, so microSD cards and USB drives. Let me know if your internal storage is showing up. But it filters all that out on my S4.

And yeah, those are all features I have in mind

Reactions: hashcheck1

wchill

Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is really handy. Cool app! Unfortunately my nexus 4 doesn't accept microSD or OTG.

Your Nexus 4 does work with OTG, however it requires extra tinkering and parts. I know there's some information about this on xda-developers, you might want to give it a look.

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, you're correct. It works using dd (which is why root is required).

I've made it so that it only displays external media, so microSD cards and USB drives. Let me know if your internal storage is showing up. But it filters all that out on my S4.

And yeah, those are all features I have in mind

Yeah cool! Yeah i mean't in my phones case a SAMSUNG Note 3 i have 32gb internal memory and a 64Gb MicroSD inside Phone aswell so the 64Gb card shows up. just make sure if you have a phone that accepts microsds you don't wipe that card instead of OTG card plugged in :)

jnsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Great idea and app but i have a problem, i tried with a 4gb microsd and it says "There is not enough storage space for this image file on this device" I formated the microsd to fat32, it has 3,6gb left and im trying to flash a 1gb rom (Luigi mansion)

wchill

Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great idea and app but i have a problem, i tried with a 4gb microsd and it says "There is not enough storage space for this image file on this device" I formated the microsd to fat32, it has 3,6gb left and im trying to flash a 1gb rom (Luigi mansion)

What are the byte sizes that the app is reporting for the ROM and your microSD card? Also the device name for your card?

jnsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
What are the byte sizes that the app is reporting for the ROM and your microSD card? Also the device name for your card?

Thanks for the quick reply
1073741824 bytes, the app is not reporting any bytes from the microSD card, not even 0, it just say /dev/block/vold/179:33. Device name extSdCard, i guess

wchill

Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply
1073741824 bytes, the app is not reporting any bytes from the microSD card, not even 0, it just say /dev/block/vold/179:33. Device name extSdCard, i guess

Ah, that's a genuine bug. The app wasn't able to determine your card size through fdisk -l, so internally it assigned the card a size of -1 bytes.

I'll fix it and release an update.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to do the same thing through terminal right?

Yes. These are the commands you would need to type in:
Code:
su            # acquire root shell
mount          # list the currently mounted filesystems
dd if=/path/to/image/file.3ds of=/dev/path/to/media/device    # write file to device
I do a bit more work to get any unmounted external media devices and to verify the sizes of the block device/image file, but this is how to do it in a nutshell.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. These are the commands you would need to type in:
Code:
su            # acquire root shell
mount          # list the currently mounted filesystems
dd if=/path/to/image/file.3ds of=/dev/path/to/media/device    # write file to device
I do a bit more work to get any unmounted external media devices and to verify the sizes of the block device/image file, but this is how to do it in a nutshell.

Thanks, I don't really think I'll be using this anytime soon but who knows.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this isn't working on a galaxy tab 2 in combination with a sandisk class 10. it says 'flash results: 'and then nothing after a few seconds. i know the problem here is that the sdcard is mounted as a read only. so it refuses to write ( at least i got that error whit mine program)

wchill

Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this isn't working on a galaxy tab 2 in combination with a sandisk class 10. it says 'flash results: 'and then nothing after a few seconds. i know the problem here is that the sdcard is mounted as a read only. so it refuses to write ( at least i got that error whit mine program)

See what happens if you unmount the SD card in Settings.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
now to wait for gateway team to add similar functionality to allow flashing from 3ds sd to gateway sd through the 'L' gateway menu...
:rolleyes:

Pacote

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Not working for me

Shows only my internal storage (my phone shows as SDCARD0) and another (MNT/SECURE/ASEC)

both unknown size

when i insert the microSD it shows as SDCARD1 IF its formatted and being recognized by the phone

if i unmount is not shown anymore on the app

If i try to flash, i get error that the application has stopped

wchill

Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not working for me

Shows only my internal storage (my phone shows as SDCARD0) and another (MNT/SECURE/ASEC)

both unknown size

when i insert the microSD it shows as SDCARD1 IF its formatted and being recognized by the phone

if i unmount is not shown anymore on the app

If i try to flash, i get error that the application has stopped

What phone model do you have? and I assume the mount point is /sdcard1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)