• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

namlas87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hi, is there a way to do a dmg hack? like a one hit kill monster hack? so bored with the HR level progression I wanted to unlock alterion fast

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yea, I never noticed that! By the way, thanks for the list. I've been using yours exclusively, very well put together.
lol. no problem. I may actually upload another that has a full 1400 items. Taht way you can set the quantity to, say 90. and then send items to box as you legitimately obtain them - thus both unlocking the proper armors/weapons and not accidentally getting duplicate slots of an item. You can still take one of each item you need on a quest to unlock armors/weapons early, but again, no need to worry about duplicate stacks of items

hi, is there a way to do a dmg hack? like a one hit kill monster hack? so bored with the HR level progression I wanted to unlock alterion fast
not without CFW and/or soldering specific places on your 3DS. This is not the place to discus that tho

Mystletaynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save the system file and put it back on your SD card. Then, put your SD card back in your 3DS, open up Homebrew to go to JK Save Manager, select ExtData, then simply pick Import instead of Export. :)

Mystletaynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be in E:\JKSV\ExtData\MONSTER_HUNTER_GEN\whateveryounamedthefolder\

Or F:\ or H:\ or whatever the SD card slot is on your computer

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save the system file and put it back on your SD card.Where is the system file when you export it?
correct. Or you can make another folder to make sure you have the modified file. It's not needed, but I persoanlly use an "import" folder and an "export" folder (Both under JKSV/Extdata/Monster_Hunter_Generations on my SD). When I'm done editing, I move the edited file from the export folder to the import folder and select the import folder from JKSV. By matching the foildrs on import/export I never accidentally overwrite my edited save and have tro start over (nor do I lose my pre-edited save in case something went wrong editing, though there's already a backup made by JKSV)

Mystletaynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just keep my backups in a separate folder on my computer, but you can generally do whatever you prefer to keep organized.

drew112288

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I found the system file in the folder I named.so copy the system file?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok I am going to start from scratch. editing files right now.

drew112288

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished editing. so are there now 2 system files? lol its funny how this is probably the easiest thing to do yet I cant seem to do it :(

when I look in jksv I see a system and backup system file. when I go into the mhgen folder I also see a system and backup system file.

omg I finally did it :).I deleted 1 system file then replaced it with the edited system file. sry for my stupidity and definite thx for your help

Last edited by drew112288,

HighClass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone here on HR7 urgent or has finished it and would like to help? so hard finding people to do the quest with since they instantly leave after they finish theirs.

My Friend Code is 1306 8486 2646

Kagoranda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time poster on gbatemp. Thank you very much for this APM. Between your well written "How-to" for loading Homebrew (which I've never taken the time to learn how to do even though I wanted to) and Nintendo changing how MHX files are saved, I finally made the effort to get into this.

Also, your editor is very clean, well designed, and easy to use. I know you have an item list to import a ton of items (or all of them?) and your editor also lets you add items based on name (instead of ID) which is fantastic. The one thing I'm curious about is the equipment IDs. From some other posts I figured out how to HexEdit some talisman's that I needed (hate that RNG), but I'm not sure how to get Equipment ID for specific items. Do you have a list or is there a way to have the equipment editor work similar to the way the item editor works? Going for those Barrage Earrings, but I haven't mastered all of the Arena quests yet.

Regardless of my request, keep up the good work and thanks for making it so easy for people to get into the community.

EDIT: I found the ID list someone posted a few pages back that you linked on the front page, but it doesn't have the Barrage Earrings. : (

Last edited by Kagoranda,

MangoCrab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First time poster on gbatemp. Thank you very much for this APM. Between your well written "How-to" for loading Homebrew (which I've never taken the time to learn how to do even though I wanted to) and Nintendo changing how MHX files are saved, I finally made the effort to get into this.

Also, your editor is very clean, well designed, and easy to use. I know you have an item list to import a ton of items (or all of them?) and your editor also lets you add items based on name (instead of ID) which is fantastic. The one thing I'm curious about is the equipment IDs. From some other posts I figured out how to HexEdit some talisman's that I needed (hate that RNG), but I'm not sure how to get Equipment ID for specific items. Do you have a list or is there a way to have the equipment editor work similar to the way the item editor works? Going for those Barrage Earrings, but I haven't mastered all of the Arena quests yet.

Regardless of my request, keep up the good work and thanks for making it so easy for people to get into the community.
Check front page man under useful stuff.

Mystletaynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: I found the ID list someone posted a few pages back that you linked on the front page, but it doesn't have the Barrage Earrings. : (

From a beginner to another beginner, what was the step by step process you used to hex edit talismans?

Kagoranda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a beginner to another beginner, what was the step by step process you used to hex edit talismans?
I'll save you the extra trouble.

Download this, I found it after I hex edited the talisman's I needed. This works just like APM's editor, load up your save (system) into the editor, it'll list all of your talismans and let you create new ones. Has built in checks to make sure you don't make something that won't work.

[Release] MH Talisman Editor for MHX/MHGen MH4G/MH4U | GBAtemp.net -> The Independent Video Game Community

Mystletaynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh fun, that's pretty simple. Thanks~

Uhh, I'm getting a trojan warning from that download lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea my monitors are definitely more than 3.9 feet away from my pc tower. But not like I'm gonna...