Anyone use xpadder?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by 3bbb7, Jun 13, 2013.

1. 3bbb7
    OP

3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    Is it worth $10?
    I just got a 360 controller and only some of my games are compatible, so is xpadder any good?

2. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    I don't know what that is. Looks like a keyboard emulator: if that's the case, my brother and I have been using Joy2Key for years and it's always been great for us. The latest version even allows for multiple control sets on the press of a button, or via button combinations (so holding a key/button then changes you to a new control set, allowing you to have multiple shortcuts/layouts depending on your tastes).

If you just want your games to recognize your controller and apply a generic control set, you may wanna look into x360ce, too. It's been pretty compatible for me, too, where I can't just disable shitty gamepad recognition in the first place (shitty, because sometimes recent games will detect any gamepad as an Xbox one and force Xbox controls that you can't change, which actually don't match to the gamepad you may be using).

3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I've used xpadder for a few years and uh...never officially paid for it. IMO it's not worth $10, but it works fairly well. Joy2Key is fairly good as well, so just go for that.

4. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    I've been using it for a while, but the shareware version, which isn't 100% compatible with windows 7/8.

5. Carnivean

Carnivean STARMAN

Jul 11, 2006
    UK
    It's not worth paying for, other things fill its purpose fine if being slightly more clunky.