Resident0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
img0258vi2.th.jpg

I'm rocking this game right now, just got to Shin Gouki/Akuma getting 4 perfects throughout the game!

biggrin.gif

Anyone else like SFA2 or prefer the older games, i'm definately looking forward to SFIV and 'Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD'

Adding those to my PS3 account as soon as they hit the PSN sometime next year, just hope they change some of the less salubrious bugs.

Also does anyone know what happens when u beat SFA2 on the hardest difficulty??

unsure.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I also look forward to Street Fighter II Hyper Mega Remix cuadruple colon: Championship Remastered Edition Featuring Michael Jackson HD

I remember Alpha 2, Incredible how they ported it to the SNES IMO. But Alpha 3 was the best of the Alpha series, hell one of the best of the whole series.

Resident0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Best version of SFA2 if your not going to play the arcade version is the Sega Saturn version .... i played it so much my hands were bleeding.
The Sega Saturn version required the 4MB cart if i remember correctly, which made it pointless as that 4MB addon cart was never released in the UK.

The UK didn't get a lot of stuff actually, it was pretty poor for gaming back in the SNES/Saturn days, everything people raved over in the USA just didn't come over here.
cry.gif

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Best version of SFA2 if your not going to play the arcade version is the Sega Saturn version .... i played it so much my hands were bleeding.

The Sega Saturn version required the 4MB cart if i remember correctly, which made it pointless as that 4MB addon cart was never released in the UK.

The UK didn't get a lot of stuff actually, it was pretty poor for gaming back in the SNES/Saturn days, everything people raved over in the USA just didn't come over here.
cry.gif
But these days you can get an AR or a Chinese-produced derivate that doubles as a RAM extension cart and a save cart on the Internet for like $20. There's really no excuse not to, unless you can't be bothered with retro stuff.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SFA2 blows on snes, get an XBOX and an emulator for christ's sake lol.

It's also one of the rarest games on the system, and gaming mags raved over it back in the day.
laugh.gif

The SNES version has been emulated for ages too but back on topic, I own the cart as well. I thought it was interesting until I played it for a bit. The loading times are annoying because it is a cartridge. They should've used a bigger ROM with a custom memory mapping chip instead of their crappy compression routines.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's also one of the rarest games on the system, and gaming mags raved over it back in the day.
laugh.gif

Wow.. Really?
I have the SFA2 Cartridge in my drawer, is it worth a lot?

By the way.. Alpha2 on the SNES was near perfect, one of my favorite SNES games.
Too bad the Loading times partially ruined it for me.

~Nero

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
laugh.gif

Wow.. Really?
I have the SFA2 Cartridge in my drawer, is it worth a lot?

By the way.. Alpha2 on the SNES was near perfect, one of my favorite SNES games.
Too bad the Loading times partially ruined it for me.

~Nero

Loading times? Really?

I haven't played it in sooo long. I have a copy somewhere as well. I guess now is as good a time as any to try it out and see if it still works
smile.gif

~Fitzy~

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One night, back in my college days (which was sometime between the release of the PSX and the release of the PS2, so go figure) I was playing my beloved Saturn, and one of my friends came over to play my copy of SFA2. (SFA3 was not out yet, so this was about as good as it got.)

We were big fans of all the capcom 2d games, which at the time, the Saturn was the best system for playing em. Later that evening, he left my place as I was playing through as Sakura, having a good ol' time. That is, until I got to Ryu. Last boss Ryu. Who proceeded to whip my well-toned schoolgirl rump without even breaking a sweat.

I challenged him again, and lost just as quickly. Cursing this newfound difficulty, I threw my infinite continues against him time after time after time, and lost...for HOURS. HOURS I fought him, losing countless matches in gaping disbelief at my utter failure.

Finally, around 4 AM -- far too late to bother going to bed and getting up for class the next day -- I finally, FINALLY lucked out and beat Ryu. I watched the ending, then passed out, vowing to never play that game ever again. I gave my copy away the next day, and never have I played SFA2 since!

...though I loved SFA3.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu