Gaming Anyone recognize these 3D models?

nicko_dev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking through the files for Poptropica: Forgotten Islands and found two interesting 3D models in its files. They don't fit the game at all and look like they're pretty high quality. They're named "LargeStage0.bch" and "ToyPierrot.bch". Does anyone recognize them? The game was published by Ubisoft, by the way.
LargeStage0.PNG LargeStage0_wireframe.PNG ToyPierrot.PNG

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently it is a fairly big franchise and one I had never heard of.

Anyway always nice to see cut/placeholder content and developer leftovers.

I can't seem to find much about which sub group in Ubisoft is responsible for it, or if it was developed by the Pearson Education people with Ubisoft providing some direction.

Pierrot is a type/name/style (though multiple takes exist) of somewhat popular clown, though usually noted for white face paint and similarly white costume in most outings rather than what you see there. T-posing with an item as well...

Reactions: Nutez

nicko_dev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently it is a fairly big franchise and one I had never heard of.

Anyway always nice to see cut/placeholder content and developer leftovers.

I can't seem to find much about which sub group in Ubisoft is responsible for it, or if it was developed by the Pearson Education people with Ubisoft providing some direction.

Pierrot is a type/name/style (though multiple takes exist) of somewhat popular clown, though usually noted for white face paint and similarly white costume in most outings rather than what you see there. T-posing with an item as well...
Right? It's pretty weird. I don't think that these models were meant for the Poptropica game at all, honestly. The "large stage" seems more like a test/example than anything meant to be shown in a game (the edges of the flat grass would look kinda lazily done, at least), and although the "toy pierrot" character doesn't match Poptropica's characters at all, its design is so unique! Makes me wonder if the character was used in a different game and got copied as a test or something.

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what it looks like, they seem to be some sort of test files. The models are fairly high quality, but (for the most part) early 3ds games tend to be really crusty in both textures and sounds. thing is, i don't remember poptropica having any 3d elements to them (i haven't played the games in a while however so i may be wrong)
possibly leftovers of a lost or cancelled game? either ways, interesting discovery!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Now that I hear it fully it sounds slightly familiar