anyone point me on tutorial that......pls

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by tehrzky, May 5, 2015.

1. tehrzky
    OP

tehrzky Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    hi im a new owner of wii.

Wii already has a wiiflow and homebrew channel and a 320gb HDD(im not the one upgraded this so i dont know where to start.)

i already have the WBFS Manager and i can add some wii games

i want to add some wad game and gamecube but dont know what to do. pls help. and other issue every time i complete the download updates of Homebrew Channel it freezes on black screen (scam)

and how can i know if i have emuNAND?

(i have ps3 jailbreak i know how to follow tutorial. i already change upgrade and downgrade my ps3 and install some fix some games,install emulator and plugins..)

tnx

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    quit using WBFS Manager and start using Wii Backup Manager and format to fat32 is the only way to run gc games off the hdd

tehrzky likes this.
  3. tiduscrying

tiduscrying that butt...

Jun 12, 2012
    United States
    HELL
    Okaaaaay...

You don't have an emuNAND unless you created one. Emulated nands are used to install more wads/channels onto the wii beyond the original capacity of the wii's system storage. You can make one by dumping your current system, or by making a virgin nand. I believe this can be done using modmii.

To install gamecube games, you will need a gamecube loader. The best and most feature-packed one is Nintendon't. It is very popular and very active. You'll find it without much searching.

The whole Homebrew Channel black screen thing is new to me. I'd say if it is bugging you, just get an older version you know works and be done with it. Be sure you are putting everything in the right place on your SD card! It loading to a black screen isn't a "scam" either. It is just a busted install, or a bugged update. Don't knock the program until you give it a true shot.

Spend like 5 minutes looking through the wii thread and you'll find tons of information. Look at the stickies, and refer to these popular sources for newbies.

Sorry I can't give you an insanely detailed tutorial. There is just so much here that I wouldn't be able to do the original tutorials justice. Welcome to the site, btw!

tehrzky likes this.
  4. tehrzky
    OP

tehrzky Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    tnx.. can i convert my WBFS hdd to Fat32 without formatting ?(because theres so many game on Hdd already)

Wii-NAND-Emulator + UniiLoader <<< can i do this? is this safe? what should i keep in mind before i do this?

i read some tutorial that i am going to follow.. but to be sure i need to ask more tnx again..

5. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Yes google for wbfs to fat32

tehrzky likes this.
  6. tehrzky
    OP

tehrzky Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    help. my homebrew channel is upside down and i cant sync my wiimote everytime i open any homebrew(last thing i remember im on wad manager change something of MMM)..DOP-Mii is not working wiimote doesnt sync.... i have a backup of my nand but cant restore because i only have wiimote to do KONAMI CODE. is there anyway to fix this? tnx

is it brick?

Wii 4.2u Boot2v4
    Can Access System Menu
    WiiXplorer - Working (i think)
    Priiloader - Working

7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    re-install homebrew channel...
    you need to re-install it

tehrzky likes this.
  8. tehrzky
    OP

tehrzky Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    its not working because most homebrew like bootmii hang and desync wiimote..

but now i manage to fix.. tnx anyway

by the way what is this WAD i have so many wad on my SD card downloaded by ModMii? is this the firmware of wii? is there anyway i can install BootMii on my boot2 because its only IOS tnx

9. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    you mean the wad folder? thats the cIOS wads, its for install and upgrade the cIOS
    if you are using modmii, modmii gives you a tutorial to fix the upside down HBC

you can't install as boot2.. if you could, the software would ask you about it... but if it doesn't say you can, there is nothing you can do...

tehrzky likes this.
  10. tehrzky
    OP

tehrzky Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    most of my games hang especially Just Dance(1)... does WAD affect this? what WAD are you using? tnx

11. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Wii games require a custom IOS. If you're using a regular Wii (not Wii-U) get ModMii, use download page 4 and build the wads for d2x v10 beta 52 then install them with a wad manager. You will want options "24956" and "25058". Some games like Just Dance and Call of Duty will require you use the patched IOS250 but most work fine with the IOS249 one.

Do not use ModMii if you have a Wii-U.

WBFS to FAT32 conversion is here: https://gbatemp.net/topic/291320-wbfs2fatpy/

tehrzky likes this.
  12. tehrzky
    OP

tehrzky Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    tnx.. i will try that..

13. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Sorry, that should be 24956 and 25057 :(

14. tehrzky
    OP

tehrzky Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    i already installed "24956" and "25058" is there any harm installing this?

15. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    No, it won't break anything but you might have to reinstall IOS250 with the 57 base if Just Dance doesn't work with the 250 you used.

tehrzky likes this.
  16. tehrzky
    OP

tehrzky Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    ok. tnx got it.