Anyone have experiences with this HDD enclosure?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by TastyWinnaMon, Apr 29, 2014.

1. TastyWinnaMon
    OP

TastyWinnaMon Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2014
    United States
    Hello,

I am planning on making a trip to the TigerDirect store, however, before I do so, I'd like to know if anyone has experiences with THIS particular HDD enclosure. I have 3 200GB SATA drives laying around and I'd like to put them to use.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2300578&CatId=2780

I checked the USB devices compatibility list, however, I did not see this enclosure on the list. I was wondering if anyone has even TRIED this enclosure.

Appreciate it!

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    For the price I would say buy it and try it out, if it doesn't work with your Wii you could always use it for other purposes.
    In general I find most HDDs/enclosures will work with the Wii, but USB 3.0 ones seem to be more problematic though a lot of those still do work fine.

3. TastyWinnaMon
    OP

TastyWinnaMon Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2014
    United States
    That's what I'm planning on doing, however the TigerDirect store is a number of miles from my location, I'd rather wait it out and see if anyone actually has had any experience with this enclosure before I test my luck and grab this enclosure.

4. TastyWinnaMon
    OP

TastyWinnaMon Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2014
    United States
    I take it that NO ONE has ever used this HDD enclosure before?

Very well, I'll have to test my luck.