Any way to get my save back?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by TheKawaiiDesu, Aug 1, 2016.

1. TheKawaiiDesu
    OP

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    Basically, I wanted to try stuff with HENkaku (if I could restore previous saves without making a backup of the whole app), and for now my save data appears as "corrupted".
    Here's what I did:
    1) I made a complete backup of app0/, ur0/ and ux0/. I'll call the save data from this backup "1"
    2) I rebuilt the database (so I could install VBHL).
    3) I played the game a little, and made a backup of its save folder. I'll call this save data "2"
    4) I replaced the data0000.sav file on my vita by the data0000.sav "1" file. When I tried to load the first save, it was apparently corrupted.
    5) Seeing that, I replace the whole save folder on my vita by the save folder "2". When I tried to launch the game, I got an error saying "the data is corrupted, delete and reinstall".
    6) I deleted the app data using Content Manager, rebuilt the database, downloaded and installed all the DLCs, and started the app. Then I tried to copy all the "dataXXXX.sav" and "files.db" from "2" into the new save folder, but while the game starts fine, I can't load the saves (corrupted).

And well... Now I don't know what to do :unsure:
    Is there anything I can do to get my save back?
    If that can help, the game I'm using is a cartridge version of Neptunia Re;Birth2.
    Thanks!

2. naughtyotsel

naughtyotsel GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2016
    i have no idea

3. Zephir1991

Zephir1991 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 21, 2012
    Germany
    There are 2 folders, the savedata folder and a backup folder, with a single data inside. Did you also copy that folder?