Any way to edit save files on sky3DS plus?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by jimmyleen, Mar 17, 2016.

1. jimmyleen
    OP

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    Are there any tools for windows, Mac, Linux that can be used to crack open 3ds save files for sky3DS plus? No I will not bother spending hours downgrading etc etc.

PS. Why would some one create a flash cart for pirates? But yet they can't figure out how to crack open save files?

2. shinji257

shinji257 61396C68206D61737465722072616365 :3

Apr 9, 2007
    United States
    You can use homebrew to pull the save data like you would for any other physical game.

3. jimmyleen
    OP

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    Okay after a hour of messing around with ninjhax and figuring out how to switch games while in the home brew menu I am finally able to edit save files with sky3DS plus! :yay3ds:

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Unfortunately the only home brew tool I can find to do that with is called save_manager.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hey wait a moment wth are you doing? Those two posts are not related!

4. bunny_gg

bunny_gg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2016
    Switzerland
  5. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    You have a sky3ds, why not use cubic ninja + homebrew channel and downgrade your 3ds and use CFW

6. bunny_gg

bunny_gg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2016
    Switzerland
    it seems that not everyone (e.g. me) wants to downgrade and crack 3DS.
    btw i want to ask a question about emunand and sysnand. I don't want to open a new thread about it so i ask you since we met in this thread.
    does emunand consumes more battery than sysnand does? i've seen that one of my friends uses GW card to load emunand (414 method) and since it seems another system running on the original system, it should consumes more battery and other resources, right?

7. jimmyleen
    OP

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    At the moment there is no way to remove the update nag on emunand on the N3DS. If the update nag can't be permanently removed then downgrading is useless.

8. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    Then why don't you update your emunand to get rid of the nag? Emunand currently supports the latest firmware.

9. jimmyleen
    OP

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    I posted a thread asking questions about that, but then comes the fact that no one seems to explain how to get the latest emunand for the New 3DS. All the tutorials and guides talk about updating emunand to 9.5 on New 3DS.

Link to my new post
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-am-on...to-9-2-but-i-have-som-questions-first.419321/

Last edited by jimmyleen, Mar 17, 2016
  10. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    first things first, did you actually manage to install emunand? And did it take 2 gb of space on your sd card? Also, what cfw are you using? reinand, gateway, or rxtools?

11. jimmyleen
    OP

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    I just finished downgrading to 9.2, but I did not install emunand yet and no I have not installed any cfw yet either.

12. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    easiest way to install emunand is using the gateway files and get into gateway menu via homebrew channel. From gateway menu, you can backup nand and install emunand. After installing emunand, you can then install cfw e.g. rxtool/reinand