XeonZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kevenka said:
Quick question for all you guys who know health...Why is Americans today focusing on food high protein, low carbs when the food guide pyramid clearly shows that carbs should be the greatest amount consume?

I would guess because a lot of people aren't aware of good and bad carbs. I don't think a focus on foods in high protein is that bad really, though too much red meat is bad, but yeah protein shouldn't substitute other nutrients for the body.

XeonZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good carbs come from foods that haven't been altered by people are still in their natural states, like fruits, whole grain breads, and vegetables. You can guess that bad carbs are from foods and drinks that have been altered such as junk food and soda which has had most of it's nutrition value removed and too much of these carbs will make you gain weight.

Basic outlook of it.
tongue.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Plants are also alive.. vegetarians are cowards! If you want to eat a rabbit, you have to run after it! Now, if you want to eat a carrot, the poor carrot can't do nothing, it just stays there desperate waiting for it's death!
mad.gif

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
it's good that you are a sensible Vegetarian that respects others as well.

what i hate is the retarded ones that try to modify scientific fact to support their personal view in a biased way.

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
Well let's see....

Claiming that Humans are evolutionary unsuited to eating meat and that it is entirely unhealthy for us, and that only human culture has evolved to eat meat

and omit and don't address why monkeys and apes our closest evolutionary relatives eat meat in the wild and have the speed skill and reflex to do it.

theres a gay assed video on Youtube thats flash based and full of fecal matter.

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
Btw how can milk suck? i drink loads of milk and i am extremely healthy, it's given me strong dense bone which is half the reason i weigh around 242 pounds 110kgs

i've never had broken bones before and i doubt i ever will, their strong and solid.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I'm personally not a vegetarian or vegan, but I do respect other peoples decisions based on what they wanna eat and stuff. Nice to see that you respect what others choices are :3 One of my friends gets really p***ed off if anyone eats meat around her. x_x But the way I see it, just let people do what they wanna do, period.

sbot10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again,
Don't want to sound arguementative, but here is one interesting, non-related fact: While some chimps (not monkeys) do eat meat, it's only those put under environental pressure by mankind (hunting, logging, e.t.c.). Those that live in the deeper jungles just chill out all day. Weird, huh?

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
eating cheese makes you halfway vegetarian, being a proper vegetarian means only eating matter that comes from plants.

cheese is made from milk and is cultivated with bacteria.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Topfragger said:
eating cheese makes you halfway vegetarian, being a proper vegetarian means only eating matter that comes from plants.
No, that's vegan. Vegetarians can eat dairy and eggs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: