Hacking any idea why this could be happening?

Langlest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so far i have installed a few games to my hard drive and they are playing fine except for a couple of problems
the music will sometimes stop during a game of guilty gear, in smash brothers the load screen after a fight sometimes takes a lot longer than it should & in call of duty waw the speech will sometimes repeat a few words over and over instead of saying what is supposed to be said

could this be to do with the hard drive sleep problem i have been reading about?
blink.gif

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Well, if the harddrive goes to sleep / powersave mode, it would be expected the loading takes a lot longer.
But in SSBB or Call of Duty 5, the harddrive can never go to sleep because the game constantly streams the music. If I assess the problem correctly, only games that do not stream a lot of data have a problem with the drive going to sleep. And that usually results in a crash, not just longer loading times.

What kind of harddrive do you have? Have you ever had any issues with the drive when you used it on your PC?

Langlest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Well, the enclosure and drive look OK.
How did you get the games on the drive? Have you dumped them with your Wii or have you transferred the ISOs from your computer?
The first method is apparently buggy and sometimes causes this effect, among other, more serious side-effects.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
That MIGHT be the cause of your problems, but it's really only a guess. Best thing for you to do now is wait for someone else to comment on your problem. Reinstalling all the games from your PC is very time-consuming if you have many games, so you should wait just in case someone finds another solution that works for you.

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
i had the exact same problem with COD:WaW - they're repeating things , like i've joined an army of retards..

i had some problems with the disc (disc load errors) while playing thru the dvd , so i just erased the image and thought about redownloading the image..

Langlest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lou_weed said:
i had the exact same problem with COD:WaW - they're repeating things , like i've joined an army of retards..

i had some problems with the disc (disc load errors) while playing thru the dvd , so i just erased the image and thought about redownloading the image..

thanks, maybe thats just a common problem with waw then and i guess the problems with smash brothers and guilty gear could just be related to having installed them from the wii
smile.gif
ill try to get a iso og smash brothers to confirm it

Langlest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i gave in and bought the Western Digital 250GB Passport Essential that Scoobyscoobydoo suggested form pc world and it works perfectly
grog.gif

im guessing there must have been a problem with the hard drive i was using in the other one
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol