Homebrew Question Any Homebrew Application to delete Title, Updates, DLC etc..?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I don't know what every homebrew application does on the Nintendo Switch but is there anything you can use to delete separate data from your Nintendo Switch similar to what the devmenu did, deleting full titles, Updates, Download Content. I cannot access the devmenu on firmware 6.0.1 but I do miss this feature a lot, it was really handy to be able to delete Updates & DLC of your nand or sd card without having to delete everything from that chosen title in system settings.

Thank you :)

Last edited by Reecey,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DZ will do it, however it will not delete the NCA's so you will have orphaned files wasting disk space unless you reinstall the application.

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
there is a working devmenu for 6.X
Is there are you sure I don’t see anything on discord? that would be my best option do you think you could private pm me? Is this an nsp or layeredfs version? I haven’t tried the layeredfs out for a while it didn’t work on firmware 6.0 so I gave up. I have tried the devmenu it will only work on firmware 6.0.0 pre release it will not work on official 6.0.0 or 6.1.0 unless you know a different devmenu?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

DZ will do it, however it will not delete the NCA's so you will have orphaned files wasting disk space unless you reinstall the application.
Thanks anyway that’s not what I wanted exactly but the thoughts there.

Last edited by Reecey,

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@Reecey The version (DevMenu) I've seen doesn't work properly on retail units atm, their is a dev version posted on a certain discord server, some very clever people tried to get it running during the night but were unable to do so

Things may have changed but I don't think so
Thanks I will have a look when I get back please if you get a result on the devmenu if you’re about can you pm me it.

Reactions: peteruk

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@Reecey The version (DevMenu) I've seen doesn't work properly on retail units atm, their is a dev version posted on a certain discord server, some very clever people tried to get it running during the night but were unable to do so

Things may have changed but I don't think so
I’ve just got back I found the devmenu nsp I got hype but it will only work on firmware 6.0.0 pre release not the official firmware or 6.1.0, it just errors out trying to install the nsp. I’m sure they will fix this just a matter of time, fair play to the guys over on the channel you cannot blame them for having a good go! Hats of to them all you have my Best Regards!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anyone know what I could use to extract an nsp?

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: peteruk

fr33x74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
i've installed the most recent RetroArch nsp through dz which resulted in an empty space - icon with an ever turning loading indicator as a title installed on my switch and i'm not being able to remove it. i've installed RetroArch through tinfoil which worked in the end, but i'm now stuck with that empty title not being able to remove it through horizon because the + is greyed out.

how can i best remove that empty/bugged title?
edit: oh yeah, i'm on 6.2

cheers for any help, be much appreciated.

Last edited by fr33x74,

nataliabf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i've installed the most recent RetroArch nsp through dz which resulted in an empty space - icon with an ever turning loading indicator as a title installed on my switch and i'm not being able to remove it. i've installed RetroArch through tinfoil which worked in the end, but i'm now stuck with that empty title not being able to remove it through horizon because the + is greyed out.

how can i best remove that empty/bugged title?
edit: oh yeah, i'm on 6.2

cheers for any help, be much appreciated.

Have you tried removing it through "system settings >data management > manage software"? (That's what worked for me when I got the blank/loading title but that was with a switch game, not retroarch)

LUCKASS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry for the sneak in your post but anyone can help me to run DZ ? I dumped my keys with Hekate + Lockpick but DZ told me that some keys are missing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over