Question Any Homebrew Application to delete Title, Updates, DLC etc..?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Reecey, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Reecey
    OP

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Hi

I don't know what every homebrew application does on the Nintendo Switch but is there anything you can use to delete separate data from your Nintendo Switch similar to what the devmenu did, deleting full titles, Updates, Download Content. I cannot access the devmenu on firmware 6.0.1 but I do miss this feature a lot, it was really handy to be able to delete Updates & DLC of your nand or sd card without having to delete everything from that chosen title in system settings.

Thank you :)

Last edited by Reecey, Oct 18, 2018
  2. blawar

blawar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    DZ will do it, however it will not delete the NCA's so you will have orphaned files wasting disk space unless you reinstall the application.

3. Girtana1

Girtana1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    United States
    New York
    so then wtf is the point? lol

Centergaming likes this.
  4. XTRIPLEX

XTRIPLEX Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2018
    Spain
    there is a working devmenu for 6.X

Reecey likes this.
  5. Reecey
    OP

Mar 7, 2010
    Is there are you sure I don’t see anything on discord? that would be my best option do you think you could private pm me? Is this an nsp or layeredfs version? I haven’t tried the layeredfs out for a while it didn’t work on firmware 6.0 so I gave up. I have tried the devmenu it will only work on firmware 6.0.0 pre release it will not work on official 6.0.0 or 6.1.0 unless you know a different devmenu?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thanks anyway that’s not what I wanted exactly but the thoughts there.

Last edited by Reecey, Oct 19, 2018
  6. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

Jun 26, 2015
    @Reecey The version (DevMenu) I've seen doesn't work properly on retail units atm, their is a dev version posted on a certain discord server, some very clever people tried to get it running during the night but were unable to do so

Things may have changed but I don't think so

7. Reecey
    OP

Mar 7, 2010
    Thanks I will have a look when I get back please if you get a result on the devmenu if you’re about can you pm me it.

peteruk likes this.
  8. Reecey
    OP

Mar 7, 2010
    I’ve just got back I found the devmenu nsp I got hype but it will only work on firmware 6.0.0 pre release not the official firmware or 6.1.0, it just errors out trying to install the nsp. I’m sure they will fix this just a matter of time, fair play to the guys over on the channel you cannot blame them for having a good go! Hats of to them all you have my Best Regards!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Does anyone know what I could use to extract an nsp?

Last edited by Reecey, Oct 19, 2018
    peteruk likes this.
  9. zahimi

zahimi GBAtemp theme maker extraordinarie

Nov 5, 2006
    United Kingdom
    No 6.1 yet.

10. Lasklo
    This message by Lasklo has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Dec 26, 2018, Reason: Requested.
    Dec 26, 2018
  11. fr33x74

fr33x74 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2018
    Armenia
    i've installed the most recent RetroArch nsp through dz which resulted in an empty space - icon with an ever turning loading indicator as a title installed on my switch and i'm not being able to remove it. i've installed RetroArch through tinfoil which worked in the end, but i'm now stuck with that empty title not being able to remove it through horizon because the + is greyed out.

how can i best remove that empty/bugged title?
    edit: oh yeah, i'm on 6.2

cheers for any help, be much appreciated.

Last edited by fr33x74, Dec 26, 2018
  12. nataliabf

nataliabf Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2018
    Brazil
    Have you tried removing it through "system settings >data management > manage software"? (That's what worked for me when I got the blank/loading title but that was with a switch game, not retroarch)

13. LUCKASS

LUCKASS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2017
    France
    Sorry for the sneak in your post but anyone can help me to run DZ ? I dumped my keys with Hekate + Lockpick but DZ told me that some keys are missing.