Hacking Any efforts on a downgrade exploit?

Gamer4647

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread was, obviously, made because HENkaku was and is blocked in the latest version, and I'm wondering if anybody is trying to work on a new exploit, like how the Wii U was exploited by an MP4 video injected with code

Mainly curious because I upgraded my PS Vita, and I haven't been keeping an eye on the homebrew scene until recently so I missed all of this

Reactions: Oscardav20

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread was, obviously, made because HENkaku was and is blocked in the latest version, and I'm wondering if anybody is trying to work on a new exploit, like how the Wii U was exploited by an MP4 video injected with code

Mainly curious because I upgraded my PS Vita, and I haven't been keeping an eye on the homebrew scene until recently so I missed all of this
Nope

solarsaturn9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A quick Google search would reveal that it is not possible and most likely will not be possible for a long time. Please make an effort to be less lazy.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You can't downgrade, no, and as far as I understand it's likely it won't happen at all via any software methods. IIRC, yifan lu concluded a couple years ago that downgrading the Vita would require more than kernel access and would require additional hardware to do so.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A quick Google search would reveal that it is not possible and most likely will not be possible for a long time. Please make an effort to be less lazy.
If u have nothing usefull to say. Don't say anything at all. Hate comments like yours. Google isnt the anwer of everything u know

Reactions: Sphere

Gamer4647

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't downgrade, no, and as far as I understand it's likely it won't happen at all via any software methods. IIRC, yifan lu concluded a couple years ago that downgrading the Vita would require more than kernel access and would require additional hardware to do so.
Sony's consoles must be locked down good
I should have known really since everybody is staying on 3.60, and because the PS3 is the same apart from minor USB mods

Last edited by Gamer4647,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see it happening anytime soon, if ever. Not without some risky hardware modding anyway.

Makes more sense to sell and get a new one while they're still guaranteed to be 3.60 or less.

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
"No, because is impossible to downgrande which is not possible and will never be possible.".

Kernel downgrade w/o hardmod released on the future

"It was always possible, just we didn't have enough knowledge until some hobbie-dudes made it possible. INB4 3.8 update"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

People need to realize 2 simple things:

1.- Nothing is perfect: Even with consoles that we're prompted as unhackable (i'm looking at you PS3) soon got to the CFW bandwagon. Is not easy, but not impossible. The thing here is that the hacking requires some knowledge of what the target console/handheld/frankestein(NS) is capable of, and/or how it works on the first place, which is task-demanding. And lead us to the next point:

2.- Don't get your hopes high: Most of the advancements on hacking we're made by either people who saw an opportunity to make money (Gateway) or by people who sees hacking as a hobby (the rest of mortals). If there's no enough interest on either side then the "homebrew community" of a given console/thing won't grow. Also, people who made those hacks are mostly adults, so is more probable that they want to do something more worthy with they spare-time than rather risking themselves into legal problems.

Last edited by Autz,
Reactions: Alex658

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should just sell currently one and buy new. Like everyone else said it will have less than 3.60. I bough a new one and it was on 3.30. Also PSTV would be the same I think.

Gamer4647

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You should just sell currently one and buy new. Like everyone else said it will have less than 3.60. I bough a new one and it was on 3.30. Also PSTV would be the same I think.
PSTV is the same apart from no camera, microphone or controls stuck on it
That does mean that some games can't be played, even when you bypass the blacklist (such as Tearaway and Uncharted Golden Abyss)

Also, I never actually get why they don't use the motion control in the official PS3 controllers for the PSTV

Last edited by Gamer4647,

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSTV is the same apart from no camera, microphone or controls stuck on it
That does mean that some games can't be played, even when you bypass the blacklist (such as Tearaway and Uncharted Golden Abyss)

Also, I never actually get why they don't use the motion control in the official PS3 controllers for the PSTV

I think its most likely because people playing the ps3 probably didn't care enough about motion controls. I know, because I actually forgot that they even had them. Also apart from a couple of games, it didn't really add a whole lot to the gameplay at least initially. Therefore then it actually got something decent it was already too late, and they moved on.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there were any sort of trick to downgrade, it's more than most likely it'd require HENkaku to use at all.
Considering the only real use for old versions is ePSP, and Fl0w is working on that, the amount of time it'd take to get going probably isn't worth it whatsoever.

This assumes there is a way to do it at all, which is pretty slim in itself.

Ganoncrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
Do be careful though, if you do in fact go to google there is a site floating around which claims to allow you to downgrade from 3.61 or to install HENKaku on a 3.61 Vita, that site is completely bogus and is just loaded with malware. This is one instance where google is most certainly not your friend and where the stickies on here are!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE