Gaming Any decent Maplestory-like games?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I loved Maplestory when I played it; it might've not been the best online game, but it was really fun to me.

There is a Maplestory homebrew site with a screenshot and closed beta signups, but e-mails aren't returned, and the site has been the same for many months now. So I've given up on it.

I'm wondering if there're any Maplestory-like games for the PSP?

Looking for: Plain fun, customizable

I doubt there are, but it'd be nice to have something like MS on the PSP someday.
smileipb2.png

vaan661

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiser said:
I loved Maplestory when I played it; it might've not been the best online game, but it was really fun to me.

There is a Maplestory homebrew site with a screenshot and closed beta signups, but e-mails aren't returned, and the site has been the same for many months now. So I've given up on it.

I doubt there are, but it'd be nice to have something like MS on the PSP someday.
smileipb2.png

I recommend that you play Bleach: Soul Carnival on the psp
if you know jap then great game for you

im sad cause it seems like it would never release here in the states
I still play it though even though i can barely read some jap words
smile.gif

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
vaan661 said:
Raiser said:

smileipb2.png

I recommend that you play Bleach: Soul Carnival on the psp
if you know jap then great game for you

im sad cause it seems like it would never release here in the states
I still play it though even though i can barely read some jap words
smile.gif

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! I checked out a video on Youtube and it looks fun. (:
So you say you can't read any Japanese? (I can't either
tongue.gif
)
Can you still play the game fairly easily? Like it's easy to follow?

ImaginationLand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want something in English then you can maybe try Hammerin Hero
I think its going to come out in English on April

You can also wait for Tokyo Beat Down.

and about the Bleach game, you can find a guide on gamefaqs that will help.

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was pondering the possibility of a portable Maple Story on the PSP just yesterday.

A problem with getting it portable would be the need of re-writable data due to firmware updates. The DS would be good in this situation, due to the little cards being re-writable for save data, at the very least, compared to UMDs which are 1-write only.

Though that possibility is gone once you remember that Maple Story is about 1GB installed on PCs nowadays, which only UMDs could possibly fit.

So the DS is out. Your only possibility then is updatable data with the PSP.

My thoughts? Have the UMD only be the holster for the data which won't be updated (Such as Sprites for Characters, NPCs, Items, raw data), and have the rest of the data be installed onto a Memory Stick.

As long as the updating data is scarce, it seems like it would work. The only problem after that is the fact that getting new content (Such as holiday patches, etc) would be impossible unless you install that to a Memory Stick too, and by that point it just seems like far too much trouble than what it's worth, seeing as how eventually it would just be impossible to keep getting the new data unless you had a couple Gig memory stick just for Maple Story, which would get many complaints when the kids that got Maple Story PSP have to keep getting a new memory stick every time it gets updated, otherwise they can't play.

The only way to be official about it would be to include a 'Maple Story Memory Stick' with the game, with a great deal of memory, which would be used only with Maple Story. The problem with this is the cost increments (a lot), and the hassle of having to switch UMDs -and- memory cards just to play the game.

This is also not mentioning the almost pointlessness of having a portable Maple Story which requires an Internet Connection. I suppose it would be good if you're on a trip and have wifi enabled, but in that case you could just bring a Laptop, as well as not having a keyboard to type with (Making playing the game almost impossible).

In that case, your only choice would be to make a single player Maple Story.
Oh wait, that's Maple Story DS. Which is never coming out.

Just my two cents, for anybody that was wondering the same thing.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MapleStory is a piece of crap, you'll never finding anything on a console even similar to ti. If you like MMOs, stick to MMOs. You can move on to tons of crap just like it. Windslayer, Ghost Online, the list goes on.

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
MapleStory is a piece of crap, you'll never finding anything on a console even similar to ti. If you like MMOs, stick to MMOs. You can move on to tons of crap just like it. Windslayer, Ghost Online, the list goes on.

That's your opinion, and your opinion isn't necessarily correct. Get off your high horse and realize that other people might like things you don't.

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:

Maplestory IS a piece of crap! Maybe worse! But this piece of crap help us realize that there are better things out there.
If people want Maplestory on a portable then hope, pray, and spam TONS of emails to whoever made it.
laugh.gif

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yikkyon said:
Pyrofyr said:

Maplestory IS a piece of crap! Maybe worse! But this piece of crap help us realize that there are better things out there.
If people want Maplestory on a portable then hope, pray, and spam TONS of emails to whoever made it.
laugh.gif

How do you expect people to take your opinion seriously when you completely ignore my prior post and state things woefully ignorant?

I even mentioned Maple Story DS earlier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far