Any counterpart to downgrade?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by zKin, Mar 8, 2016.

1. zKin
    OP

zKin GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2015
    France
    playing an Animal Crossing game
    Hi;

I wanted to know if there is any counterpart to downgrade, (10.5-30 to 9.2 in my case), like lost something like downloaded games from eShop and/or saves related to them, some data, streetpass place, miis in the editor, nnid or anything... (Someone confirmed me in an other thread that Activity log wasnt lost).

I can't believe it's "free" :D, I don't want to be the new Edward and Alphonse Elric after the transmutation, trying to revive some past in my o3DS, equivalent exchange you know.

Thanks !

2. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    you mean downsides?
    no none at all, downgrade install emunand upgrade emunand and you're good to go.

3. zKin
    OP

zKin GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2015
    France
    Yes "downside", sorry :ph34r:

Wow, nice :creep:

4. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    Then hard mod to back up NAND and SD content before downgrading.

After downgraded you can use the above NAND back up and SD content for the unlinked EMUNAND!

Is it there some data lost, mii thingy, friend list.. when downgrade if I heard correctly (due to older firmware not supports)?

Last edited by tivu100, Mar 8, 2016
  5. zKin
    OP

zKin GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2015
    France
    I need to hard mod for this?!

6. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    You don't but since you want guarantee 0% data loss, hard mod is your alternative guarantee. See my edit since I heard (maybe wrong) that downgrade may wipe your friend lost or mii or amiiboo... thingy since lower firmware is not incompatabitle

7. zKin
    OP

zKin GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2015
    France
    Okay thank you, then since i dont care about amiibos, I can redo my friendlist (only few friend code to write on a paper....), I guess it'll be OK :)
    I'll just save Iwata's Mii obtained via spotpass during i-dont-remember-which-event into the editor :)

(I really really care juste about that, saves and activity log)