ROM Hack Question Any botw stability mods ?

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi, i'm not sure if someone already did a similar thread but I have started to play botw recently and so far it's a great experience but the thing is I was not thinking it would be 30 fps, again it's not a huge problem but I was surprised to see frames drop in somes places with a lot of herbs/threes.

I was wondering if there was a stability mods or something like that for keeping constant 30fps. I don't want to overclock my switch but maybe the game is running at 900p or more ? I'm completly fine if I can stay at 720p even docked. What should I do ?

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Botw struggles and that's all there is. I'm sure the Devs optimized the game as much as they could for the hardware. Other than overclocking that's about all you can do

Maybe it is a placebo effect but I have noticed I don't lag as much in handled mode than the docked mode, maybe the resolution is lower in handled and for this reason the game struggle less. If there was a way to have the same resolution of handled in docked mode maybe it would be better ?

Oracleofire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it is a placebo effect but I have noticed I don't lag as much in handled mode than the docked mode, maybe the resolution is lower in handled and for this reason the game struggle less. If there was a way to have the same resolution of handled in docked mode maybe it would be better ?
It's not placebo, you're on the right track. I have heard of a homebrew a while back that does this, I think it's called ReverseNX, but I've never tried it and I don't know if there's a better alternative now.

Reactions: Kanakops

Kirby567fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Use ReverseNX-Tool https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool/ or ReverseNX-RT https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-RT.
The game lags due to a memory bottleneck, if you OC the memory to 1600mhz in handheld mode youll get a locked 30FPS in it.

Reactions: Kanakops
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    Calm your tits it sound okay for the money lol
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sound bars are a scam
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No comment on whatever particular unit Kennie bought, don't really care
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Just, in general, sound bars are a scam.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    An actual decent to good sound bar is going to be as expensive as a lower end home theater in a box system with less functionality and a poorer sound stage
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Which is to say you're spending so much money to still have 100% of the sound come from the bottom of the TV.
    Gift
    As long as it sounds good that's all I give a fuck about lol
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    aye long as you're happy with your purchase that's the important part
    Gift
    You really can't judge based on video reviews as it's not the pure sound coming from it
    Gift
    So any product reviewer can just say spend $200 more on this cause it sounds better be your own judge
    Gift
    Plus stores have that 30 day return thing if you're not happy with it return it it shouldn't need to be a huge deal lol
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I gotta sit down for a bit and play around with the new surround receiver I bought
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Does everything I need it to however it's got some peculiarities that either I'm just being big dumb and not understanding right, or are a complete dealbreaker
    Gift
    I'd love to own a good klipsch or Yamaha receiver but I don't really need to spend $200+ on a receiver living in a single bedroom apartment
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    *looks around nervously at single bedroom apartment*
    Gift
    As long as it booms out the crackhead I live around it's good enough
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Funny that, I actually just replaced a Yamaha receiver, replaced it with a manufacturer refurbished Denon unit
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Only reason for replacing is that the Yamaha unit was like 8 years old and didn't support 4k video
    Gift
    Denon makes good shit
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And now that I think of it, only a single device that's plugged into it is even capable of outputting a 4k signal anyway lmfao
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    my chromecast
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ps4, xbox one, switch, all 1080p I think. I don't have the ps5 or xsx yet
    Gift
    I wish Marshall could make good 7.1 receivers but they're more amp related
    Gift
    And audio technica