Anti-Glare screen protector and case for powerpack+

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by steiner666, Sep 7, 2011.

1. steiner666
    OP

Newcomer steiner666 Newbie

United States
    Just got a 3DS last week and overall i'm really happy with it. My biggest gripe has definitely been the glossiness of the top screen and frame around it. It really ruins the 3D effect when you have the reflection of your face right there at screen depth, and even the reflections around the sides of the screen can be quite distracting and annoying.

So what i really want is a screen protector film that will reduce the glare without messing with the 3D effect or giving the screen a weird tint, preferably one that will also cover the glossy black around the screen/speakers. Im not even that worried about actual screen protection, since i never had problems with my DS screens getting scratched since i keep the system closed when not in use, its just that this glossy glare is horrible.

Secondly, i got the nyko power pack+, which is awesome both in battery life and how much more comfortable the system is to hold now, plus the docking cradle thing is way better than the stock one. But since it makes the 3DS thicker, i'm worried about getting a carrying case for the 3DS and that it wont fit. So if someone else with a pp+ could recommend a good, preferably compact and hardshell traveling case that works well with it, i'd appreciate it.

I also hate how easily the glossy black outside of the 3DS gets fingerprinted so easily, and i've been trying to find some sort of skin to stick on it to eliminate the problem. I had a glossy black netbook with the same problem and i got a custom made skin decal thing for the lid of it from some website where you can upload a jpeg to be printed on it, and im wondering if theres something similar available for the 3DS.

*edit* So i've been searching around and i'm looking at

Skin decal:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bundle-Monster-Ninte...828&sr=1-12

but im still not sure about a case, or, most importantly, an anti-glare screen cover.

2. BoxmanWTF

Member BoxmanWTF ♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫

Canada
    Secondly, i got the nyko power pack+, which is awesome both in battery life and how much more comfortable the system is to hold now, plus the docking cradle thing is way better than the stock one. But since it makes the 3DS thicker, i'm worried about getting a carrying case for the 3DS and that it wont fit. So if someone else with a pp+ could recommend a good, preferably compact and hardshell traveling case that works well with it, i'd appreciate it.

First up, don't use the Cradle, it directly charges the battery and messes with the 3DS. One user reported it frying his motherboard. But there's no shell for the PP+

3. geenlung

geenlung Newbie

Get the anti-glare (matte) screen protectors from DC mugen on Ebay.

4. steiner666
    OP

Newcomer steiner666 Newbie

United States
    Ok, thanks for the recommendation. I take it that you feel the reduction in clarity is worth the glare reduction of the matte coating? Thats my biggest worry. does it really make iit like your average matte lcd monitor screen? does it mess with the 3D effect at all?

I'm thinking about getting one of those matte covers and and one of these http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Screen-...r/dp/B004K6LQ9E and seeing which one i like better. i imagine the Hori one doesnt really reduce glare that much tho, in comparison, but if i end up thinking the matte one makes things too blurry i coudl use it... apply it and then that decal skin over it, that way there wouldnt be any reflections beside the screen and the screen would at least be scratch protected if anywhere were to happen.

But really, there are no hard-ish carrying pouches/cases/sleeves that will accommodate the extra thickness of the nyko power pack? Well which one would be best for it then. i just want something small that holds just the 3DS and maybe a couple games, i dont want some huge man purse looking thing to tote around.

5. BoxmanWTF

Member BoxmanWTF ♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫

Canada
    PM him if you have anymore questions
    gumbyx84

6. gumbyx84

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ya that would be me. Im not 100% sure if it was the cradle, but I do know I have issues with the battery while it charged on the cradle (cradle says full charge for one minute, then still charging; going back and forth from charging to full). I bought a replacement (Nyko hasn't responded to my email for almost a month now) and I will be charging it via the AC Adapter for now on.

PS The fired board may have been from me swapping out the battery with stock one while 3DS was plugged in, but I have read that other people have done this and nothing happened. To note, my system wouldn't turn on before I did this.