Homebrew Another System Update 11.8

Amabo

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
France
me three...I have a new 3ds arriving in the mail tomorrow, and was going to start this process...I guess I'll have to wait a bit for the hacking geniuses to figure this out! can this Sky3ds+ work well with V11.8.0?

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question, but how does one update luma for this, precisely? I'm assuming LumaUpdater is out, and we have to update it manually?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dumb question, but how does one update luma for this, precisely? I'm assuming LumaUpdater is out, and we have to update it manually?
LumaUpdater doesn't have nightlies (instant builds) anymore: no big deal, just download the new and latest boot.firm manually and overwrite the one(s*) you're currently using

* if you also care for SD-less boot and/or have followed recent versions of the guide to the letter, you have a copy of Luma in the root of the SD, and another in the root of ctrnand

Tigger

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. My N3DS is on FW 11.7. I read on here that Luma has been fixed for 11.8? Also, what about NTR? I read that NTR is broken. I use BootNTR for Cheat Plugins. Should I stay on 11.7 for time being? Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't update to 11.8 if you want freehax cfw
Smea did the responsible disclosure thing to Nintendo with his 4 exploits, and they were all patched with 11.8

https://twitter.com/MrNbaYoh/status/1024249389844516864

He still plans on releasing them so don't despair. And don't update.

i mean, its not like you're going to see very many 11.8 fw new consoles, so who cares if smea got some money for these exploits.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
i mean, its not like you're going to see very many 11.8 fw new consoles, so who cares if smea got some money for these exploits.
I don't know how you interpreted that as me passing judgement, I just posted news that I thought was important (and surprising).

I feel completely neutral about this from a moral standpoint.

Bondgirl85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sucks being visual because I have a hard time reading instructions without any screen shots of showing how to do this. I just won't update until I can update with Luma and then be able to up[date the system without any issues.

Bondgirl85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBI, delete pending titles.

Where can I find it in the FBI?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You will need to use the latest luma3ds nightly due to this update breaking luma3ds just replace the boot.firm on the root of your sd card
CakesFW seems to work fine.

Will going to the Luma app and update replace this file or does it have to be done manually?

LumaUpdater doesn't have nightlies (instant builds) anymore: no big deal, just download the new and latest boot.firm manually and overwrite the one(s*) you're currently using

* if you also care for SD-less boot and/or have followed recent versions of the guide to the letter, you have a copy of Luma in the root of the SD, and another in the root of ctrnand

Can you say what the name of the file is?

Will it say Luma on it or bootfirm?

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find it in the FBI?

Will going to the Luma app and update replace this file or does it have to be done manually?

Can you say what the name of the file is?

Will it say Luma on it or bootfirm?
you have to download it manually just download the boot.firm file from that link and replace the one on your sd card with it

Bondgirl85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to download it manually just download the boot.firm file from that link and replace the one on your sd card with it

Got it, will do, I think that was visual enough for me to understand. I will just look for the file.

Got it, will do, I think that was visual enough for me to understand. I will just look for the file.

I assume the current file I have will also say bootfirm?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k