bikkou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, that really does sound insane.

Well, I have 2 discs right now that give white screen and I have nothing to do with them. I have nothing to lose besides getting my Wii stuck again.

EDIT:
Nah, white screen. I'm not sure I scratched it like a pro, but eh.
What's weird though is, after it got to the white screen, the Wii wasn't actually stuck. I pressed the power button and it turned off and ejected the disc.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
bikkou said:
Whoa, that really does sound insane.

Well, I have 2 discs right now that give white screen and I have nothing to do with them. I have nothing to lose besides getting my Wii stuck again.

EDIT:
Nah, white screen. I'm not sure I scratched it like a pro, but eh.
What's weird though is, after it got to the white screen, the Wii wasn't actually stuck. I pressed the power button and it turned off and ejected the disc.
Eject the disc, put it back in.

bikkou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out that the Wii DID get stuck. I also tried scratching both discs I have now, both don't work.

I really have no idea what's going on and I'm surprised no one knows what's the problem here.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
You see, Brawl is problematic game that needs patience. You basically have to try, try try and try and maybe you'll find an solution.

bikkou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uuuuh.. I decided I'll go to the store first and ask them what's wrong with the scratching and dual layers. Thanks for the advices.

I'll update when I do that. Probably not today afterall.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Just beware

beztytuuzt8.png

3.4 bricks your wii if ya' have homebrew channel or TP hack.

Scared yet?

Ha, joke. But 3.3 will delete old TP hack, and fix Trucha Signer bug.

Just try. OR THE HELL buy the game.

bikkou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually considered it more than once, but I doubt it'll even get to my country. And if it will, miraculously, it will cost more then x2 as much as it should.
Besides, I'm not sure the problem happens because the game is a backup.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Well...tell me your serial numer? It's on bottom of the console (LEHxxxxxxxxxxxx or LEFxxxxxxxxxxx or LUxxxxxxxxxxxx)
If your serial is LUxxxxxxxxxx you are extremely lucky that your console even reads the disc.
If your serial is LEH10xxxx-LEH13xxxxx then you are extremely lucky that your console even reads the disc.
If your serial is LEH 14xxxxxxxxxx and up, that's the backup
If your serial is LEFxxxxxxxxxxxxxx that's the backup

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
bikkou said:
Hmm, it's LEH 17.

What do you mean by "that's the backup"?
LEH 17? Woah, then it's sure the backup issue. "That's the backup" - I mean issue with backup.
You know. Older Wiis (leh 10-13) have not adjusted potentiometer to DL discs. Your have. Then: the only issue I can see there it's that your burner is dead or you are burning in way that your wii don't like
rolleyes.gif

wiimii

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hi im having trouble playing ssbb scrubbed on wii 3.3e wikey firmware 1.9s the wierd thing is i inserted the disk and nothing showed up in the disc channel, so i changed my settings in the wii to 50hz and then voila it shows up in the disk channel, click start game loads fine start playing classic mode for 15 mins returned to main menu and turned de flicker off then turned wii off , went back on it and the game is not displayed in the channel wtf disk could not be read ? how come it worked once but not again?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
wiimii said:
hi im having trouble playing ssbb scrubbed on wii 3.3e wikey firmware 1.9s the wierd thing is i inserted the disk and nothing showed up in the disc channel, so i changed my settings in the wii to 50hz and then voila it shows up in the disk channel, click start game loads fine start playing classic mode for 15 mins returned to main menu and turned de flicker off then turned wii off , went back on it and the game is not displayed in the channel wtf disk could not be read ? how come it worked once but not again?
Changing wii to 50Hz wii do not change anything...I think? WTF with your question?
However chnaging wii to 50hz and closing the wii options make drive spin...
wacko.gif

Strange. Try inserting and ejecting the disc several times in 60Hz now

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think it might be a bad scrubb, it shouldn't mather if you turn flicker off or on actually.
Also as skawo96 said, 50hz or 60hz shouldn't mather either.

EDIT: By the way, my friend have a LEH17 also
tongue.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
linuxares said:
I think it might be a bad scrubb, it shouldn't mather if you turn flicker off or on actually.
Also as skawo96 said, 50hz or 60hz shouldn't mather either.

EDIT: By the way, my friend have a LEH17 also
tongue.gif
Lucky dog, you!
I have two wiis: one LEH10 and one LEH14.
The first one is screwed up, 'cause I was adjusting the potentiometer.
tongue.gif
Now I have to but lens replacement for it, so I have to wait as one will show up on allegro...second one works.
smile.gif

I switched case of the first one to black, and now it's for homebrew. FREE VC GAMES. EMULATORS. NO NINTENDO. YYEEEEAH
cool.gif

bikkou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
bikkou said:
Hmm, it's LEH 17.

What do you mean by "that's the backup"?
LEH 17? Woah, then it's sure the backup issue. "That's the backup" - I mean issue with backup.
You know. Older Wiis (leh 10-13) have not adjusted potentiometer to DL discs. Your have. Then: the only issue I can see there it's that your burner is dead or you are burning in way that your wii don't like
rolleyes.gif
Ah, shit. I burned it in all ways I can think of. I guess it really is the burner..

Do you think it's because it's a mac driver in BootCamp?
Either way, I have a friend with a DL burner, I think I can rely on him. I was planning on bringing the Wii to the store some other day after the E3, so for now I'll focus on buying a new pack and burning it at his place.

Is it okay if I take my disc that works with bad SSE and do the 'read image' in IMGburn there? Because if the burner is the problem, the image might be bad or something.. it's much more comfortable than downloading it all over again.

EDIT: Whoops, page 3?
linuxares: He has 17 too? And his read the disc burned with layer break, right?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you are. Ok. Take the other, normal layer disc with GC iso. Read the image, and burn this image again (this is to check). If it'll be working (but enter and play the game for awhile), then it's not your burner. IF the game will show
IMG_0004.jpg
your burner is dead. If not...then your burner can be not writing images on DLs as it should. Go to someone and try burning in his burner.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Do you know anyone that might have the original game? Just to try it and see if it works?

It works in my friends Wii by the way, forgotten to tell here if it worked or not.

bikkou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah well, I guess my burner is the problem.. oddly enough the burner can't even read normal discs while reading DVDs just fine. I dunno what I'll do with that.

So for now I'll look to how to burn it at someone else's and on the way bring the Wii back to the store. I'm trying to sort things out but it looks like I won't be able to do either in a while.

Thanks guys, I'll update once I do get to the store and other burner.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro