Another GameCube Styled Controller

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by LightyKD, Jun 1, 2019.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    I ran across this on AliExpress tonight...

Warning: Spoilers inside!
    This controller has the following:
    - All buttons + clickable sticks
    - Motion
    - Rumble (no "HD")
    - NFC
    - Wireless
    - USB-C Charging
    - PC Support, sans motion :(

As far as I'm concerned, it's a damn near perfect GameCube controller! The lack of wireless and motion in PC mode is a downer but that's not my major gripe. From looking at the bumpers and triggers, they don't look so comfortable. A bit too PlayStation inspired for my taste. This has to be, as of right now, the most fully featured GameCube styled controller! Maybe one of these days I'll get my hands on it. Until then, I just wanted to share this with everyone. I'm dropping the link below. I'm not paid to make this thread and hopefully this is not considered advertising. I simply wanted to let everyone know that a more fully featured third party controller has been released.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Nuev...007.13338.128125.0&scm_id=1007.13338.128125.0

2. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Gotta say this one looks really good.
    Seems like they addressed my biggest complaint with the original GC controller, the small Dpad and C-stick.
    Now the Cstick is a proper size, and also is that Dpad the same as on a WiiU?
    Because if so this thing is legit.

Last thing though, how does it connect wirelessly? Does it use Bluetooth or something else?
    Only downside is the USB-C connection, why? Micro USB is far more accessible.

3. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    In the States you can easily pick up a 10 ft USB-C cable at Five-Below for five dollars. As for the wireless connection, there is no mention of any USB dongle so It's probably a Bluetooth connection.

4. WarSpaz

WarSpaz Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2017
    Sweden
    Probably connects via Bluetooth like all the other pro controller alternatives.
    Also, you probably get a USB c cable in the box with the controller.

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk

LightyKD likes this.