Hacking Annoying semi-brick problem

RJS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had my Wii soft-modded since 4.2, and had it working fine on 4.3 for ages. I have bootmii installed on boot2, but recently things have gone wrong. :/

I can boot to bootmii on the SD card, but that's as far as I can get. The system menu gives me a black screen, holding reset down to get to the priiloader menu no longer works, again black screen.

Trying to launch the homebrew channel... yes, black screen. :/

I have a nand backup from when it was happy on 4.2 (softmodded), which when I restore will let me get to the system menu (oddly never directly, but by holding down reset when booting) where I can launch a very old homebrew channel (1.0.7 I think it is?).

I can launch hackmii from bootmii, where it gets to the warning message but I can leave it for hours and I never get the continue button option.

I've tried creating clean nands (with ohneschwanzenegger) and installing those, creating clean nands and then installing all the modmii wads into them, I've tried all sorts of things, but the best I've ever managed to get is a black screen on the system menu, and the latest homebrew channel menu with a flashing icon in the bottom right and it never detecting the SD card.

I'm at a loss what to do to get my Wii working again. :(

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, it seems your SD card got corrupted, and your bootmii/priiloader config is stopping you from reaching the Wii Menu. I would recommend: 1) restore that old nand backup and power off the Wii; 2) get a new SD card and put it in (if you can't, format the old one on a PC, either way you're gonna lose your data); 3) hold reset and power on the Wii...
Tell me what happens after you try that. You really got yourself in deep water here, mister.

RJS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Already bought a new card, and put a clean hackmii set of files (well various, tried 4.2e, 4.3e combinations) on it, all the same problem. :/

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Already bought a new card, and put a clean hackmii set of files (well various, tried 4.2e, 4.3e combinations) on it, all the same problem. :/
Use ohneswanzenegger bu giantpune.
Built a new NAND using using you nand keys ( from bootmii ) IMPORTANT TO USE YOUR BOOTMII KEYS

Look here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-bricked-please-help.341742/#post-4530120

After you installed you fresh nand files ( you need to succeed first in bootmii to install your new nand )
You need to remod your wii ( use Modmii )
The method of installing your files via showmiiwads is not recommended.
Just act as if your Wii is brand new.

RJS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried creating a clean nand with ohneswanzenegger already. :/ When I do that I get to the hackmii part but it never gets past the warning screen. :/ (I only tried installing wads directly into the nand.bin after that failed).

I'm half wondering if I have a bad nand block that isn't marked as bad. Is there any utility I can use to tell?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried creating a clean nand with ohneswanzenegger already. :/ When I do that I get to the hackmii part but it never gets past the warning screen. :/ (I only tried installing wads directly into the nand.bin after that failed).

I'm half wondering if I have a bad nand block that isn't marked as bad. Is there any utility I can use to tell?

You mean... other than bootmii? I'm not quite sure...
A quick suggestion... what if you tried setting up a NEEK2O nand? I feel like that could help. Worst case scenario, you can abandon your fucked up NAND and just use the NEEK one. Of course, you'd have to configure BootMii to boot straight to the NEEK nand, ehich isn't too hard.

RJS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks end, I haven't tried that (could be about the only thing left I haven't), I'll give that a go this weekend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZmetal That DNR tech combined with tapes was the bomb back in the day