Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.0 “OMEGA” PRIVATE BETA

awmartian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. Will saves from the 2.0b2 firmware be supported in omega? I'm thirty hours in Bravely Default and I don't want to lose my progress!

I can confirm yes. I am over 50 hours in and was worried too....thankfully no issues. I did back up my 3DS SD card before doing the Omega update though.

LimeWan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GateWay's latest post suggests that the fragmentation could be due to fake micro SD cards which 'emulate' the total size of the card. I never purchase these cards online, and bought it from The Source.

It is also a SanDisk, which has proved to be the most reliable for me in the past, so I am still in the dark about this fragmentation issue.

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Quick question. Will saves from the 2.0b2 firmware be supported in omega? I'm thirty hours in Bravely Default and I don't want to lose my progress!

Seeing as there seem to be compatibility issues between 1.x and 2.xb with Bravely Default (and, as far as I know, only Bravely Default), you should probably finish it first.

Edit:
I can confirm yes. I am over 50 hours in and was worried too....thankfully no issues. I did back up my 3DS SD card before doing the Omega update though.

Well, nevermind then :P

awmartian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as there seem to be compatibility issues between 1.x and 2.xb with Bravely Default (and, as far as I know, only Bravely Default), you should probably finish it first.

Edit:

Well, nevermind then :P

I should Add that I upgraded from 2.0b2

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

It should. My save was also from 2.02b and still works.

edit: zz page didn't update

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No matter what rip I use: I cannot get Ocarina of time to show up in multirom menu on OMEGA.... any got any tips? I have tried 3 different rips. All my other games work fine. I am using PAL rips on my PAL machine.

.. going to try a US rip now, just in case...

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: FYI all saves I made from GW 1.2 work fine with OMEGA.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No matter what rip I use: I cannot get Ocarina of time to show up in multirom menu on OMEGA.... any got any tips? I have tried 3 different rips. All my other games work fine. I am using PAL rips on my PAL machine.

.. going to try a US rip now, just in case...

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: FYI all saves I made from GW 1.2 work fine with OMEGA.

Bravely Default should be the only ROM that works in 1.2 but will be incompatible with 2.x. Every other game that was already supported since 1.2 should work now.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bravely Default should be the only ROM that works in 1.2 but will be incompatible with 2.x. Every other game that was already supported since 1.2 should work now.

Thanks for the quick response.

Ocarina just wont show up or load, its weird... everything else just works! :)

I also noticed that region free is only in classic mode, so US roms on EU machine = a no go?

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the quick response.

Ocarina just wont show up or load, its weird... everything else just works! :)

I also noticed that region free is only in classic mode, so US roms on EU machine = a no go?
No, region free is not being mentioned because it's been a feature for ROMS for a long time (at least since 1.2).
Classic mode did not previously have region free without modifying GW code, which resulted in a [REDACTED].

Reactions: KiiWii

Sigma305

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont want to be.. uhh a Rotten Egg here, but Omega is already out in a website to download.. not sure if im allowed to tell which site it is in this site xD

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dont want to be.. uhh a Rotten Egg here, but Omega is already out in a website to download.. not sure if im allowed to tell which site it is in this site xD
Has been since like 10 minutes the update was released, but we aren't allowed to point to it because gbatemp got a DMCA notice. It's easy enough to find on your own if that's what you want to do anyway.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't see the final 2.0 release being any different from BETA OMEGA... Anyone noticed how the fake GW cards have the same pins as EVO?

Reactions: cearp

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i remember the fuzzle of gateway doomed some days ago and people rumors etc .i wonder where they are now those birds calling out for gateway blood ,i am always sceptical and that prooved me that i was right to wait and see and later conlclude

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't see the final 2.0 release being any different from BETA OMEGA... Anyone noticed how the fake GW cards have the same pins as EVO?
There are some issues like creating an emuNAND from scratch on 2.0 omega closed beta giving a faulty emuNAND.
I'd expect at least this to be fixed.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
i remember the fuzzle of gateway doomed some days ago and people rumors etc .i wonder where they are now those birds calling out for gateway blood ,i am always sceptical and that prooved me that i was right to wait and see and later conlclude

It's true 'most' people were sceptical an kept the wheels of the rumor mill turning - Myself included. 5 weeks silence isn't easy for any customer on a product they've purchased and wanting support on. But hey, we were proven wrong and GW is continuing to be awesome. The speculation helped pass the time and kept the excitement up for the next round of the cart wars :)

lozislove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to trade with the Pokemon X/Y roms to my cartridge? I notice that using the rom that passerby's don't show up in the PSS. Both 3DS's have wireless enabled. Just hoping I'm overlooking something and that it's possible. If not, it's not a big deal to me but yeah, just wondering about it.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
There are some issues like creating an emuNAND from scratch on 2.0 omega closed beta giving a faulty emuNAND.
I'd expect at least this to be fixed.

ooo I hadn't seen that, I created emuNAND from scratch with the new 2.0 update without any issues, been playing Pokemon Y for like 6 hours now without any problems, eShop etc works fine too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...