Not open for further replies.

Luke64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A project I'm thinking about working on is a Wii Shop Channel replacement called the Rii Shop Channel.

Planned Features:
1: Being able to switch the url which the wads are pulled from
2: WON'T USE NINTENDO'S SERVER'S
3: Will have GC games

Attachments

• rii shop channel.png
    rii shop channel.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 376
D

Deleted User

Nice. Will this work on vwii?
Keep in mind this will be hard. Might be another /hbg/ shop.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

put it in some discord or reddit. maybe i can make one. if you want just give me your discord tag.

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You cant share this here
Its warez

Hard to actually be concerned about Wii Shop WAREZ when Nintendo has locked you from purchasing anything, it's like saying Emulation is Warez when the console is 30 years old, and the Carts are starting to rot, and decay in resell markets where the company will never see a dime back on profits.

Reactions: MO35AB

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
Hard to actually be concerned about Wii Shop WAREZ when Nintendo has locked you from purchasing anything, it's like saying Emulation is Warez when the console is 30 years old, and the Carts are starting to rot, and decay in resell markets where the company will never see a dime back on profits.

It's the offer of roms, not exactly about warez in general. But you can still buy a big chunk of Wii games so... And yes 30 year old games that are still copyrighted, and then pirating them is warez....

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's the offer of roms, not exactly about warez in general. But you can still buy a big chunk of Wii games so... And yes 30 year old games that are still copyrighted, and then pirating them is warez....

Regardless my point is piracy, and preservation especially in the field of emulation go hand, and hand I get GBATemp is avoiding a lawsuit from Nintendo, but Wiiware is an abandoned property that isn't being sold, but hoarded legally if WAREZ redistribution isn't at least encouraged on a small level like it is in emulation we could loose games/collections to these wipe-outs. that's the underline issue in my opinion still doesn't change WAREZ is WAREZ, but it's something to think about.

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
Wiiware is an abandoned property that isn't being sold

Just because something is no longer sold, does not mean it no longer has copyright. Unfortunately, even in the name of preservation (which I agree with btw.), legally speaking, downloading and distributing any copyrighted material is piracy and illegal in *most* of the world.

Reactions: Proto-Propski

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fine to create this, and talk about it here. But you cannot share links or apps by any means on this website which lead to copyrighted content.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Copyright is still copyright
I will pirate anything
But you still need to obey site rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg