Android - How to uninstall mods?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Boy12, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Boy12
    OP

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
    Hi!
    So i just got my new phone yesterday, and i would like to install a mod/tweak for my device.
    However, what do i need to do if i no longer want the mod?
    Completely wipe the phone and flash back to stock, or can i just remove the mod and continue on with my device?
    Thank's in advance!

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    You'll have to provide us with more info than that. What are you referring to? A custom ROM? Some application that modifies the OS? What do you mean by "mod", exactly?

3. Boy12
    OP

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
    Sorry, i was a bit unclear right there.
    It's basiclly a few files modifieing the OS, so that it has Galaxy S5 like features (look, dropdown menu etc,).
    However, it's not a custom ROM, just download the .zip file and install via Recovery.
    I did some research online, and i read something about backing up your NAND, so you can restore via that?
    EDIT
    Here's a good example: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-galaxy-s4-flare-lockscreen-stock-jb-t2278437

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Seems you haven't gotten your answer yet...

What you need to do is make a NANDROID backup in your custom recovery (Clockword Mod, TWRP, etc) BEFORE you install the mod. It's always recommended you make a backup before you install anything via recovery, in case something goes wrong. Once you make a backup, you can restore back to it if you're done using the mod/something doesn't work. If you care about your app data (like save games or such for certain apps), it's recommended to make some app data backups in Titanium Backup before you restore, so you don't lose any app data when you decide to revert back.

Boy12 likes this.