android hdmi dongle advice needed

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
i am looking to invest in one of these , was wondering if anyone has any hands on advice / pointers to look for or can recommend anything. im looking for media playback primarily but with the benefits of browsing etc

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With one of these can you run the android emulators available on google play and pair a bluetooth controller? Is the emulation pretty good? I had a Droid 2 and it seemed pretty decent but I would love to be able to output it to a TV and hook up a controller with actual buttons.

This seems like a good article, its from January though

http://www.androidauthority.com/best-dongles-android-tv-148974/

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
cheers , the one in the image top right , the none dongle one i already bought and a mini wireless keyboard , i went with that one as im taking it on holiday and it has hdmi or composite so im covered it works great , wifi is good and as a media player it perfect ..

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, I would like the composite option but I also really want bluetooth. You are talking about the Smartdroid TV box, is your wireless keyboard using a USB dongle or Bluetooth?

The mini x plus looks good too but I don't think it has bluetooth either.

I would like to hook up a PS3 controller.

Maybe I will wait for an OUYA

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
it has a usb dongle for the KB , dunno if it got BT i aint even checked. will do later.Not sure , although i dont see why not that it couldnt accept a usb bt dongle though has 2 usb ports

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has a usb dongle for the KB , dunno if it got BT i aint even checked. will do later.Not sure , although i dont see why not that it couldnt accept a usb bt dongle though has 2 usb ports
I haven't been following it too closely, will OUYA have composite video out option and Bluetooth? I have read the controller was not getting rave reviews so it would be nice to have the option of connecting a dualshock3

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
OUYA kickstarter spec list

Tegra3 quad-core processor
1GB RAM
8GB of internal flash storage
HDMI connection to the TV, with support for up to 1080p HD
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth LE 4.0
USB 2.0 (one)
Wireless controller with standard controls (two analog sticks, d-pad, eight action buttons, a system button), a touchpad
Android 4.0
ETHERNET! (Announced by Muffi 7/18)

no mention of composite

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, so I got a little android box, wish it had bluetooth but I will likely get a dongle.

Holy crap though, I am running XBMC on it and it's freaking amazing. Why have I never heard of this before? It seems like the wave of the future, this stuff is going to blow up.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm, so xbmc on OUYA isn't that good I guess.

it runs great on this little box I got. It is a digixstream x2 I believe. it has analog video out, just no bluetooth.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay