Hacking Android 10 Switchroot Build

JJO192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Due to the nature of the build being an early build, alot of the main features are still in the works. With this I am taking it down to allow time for a more stable version that everyone can enjoy with better support.

Apologies for causing a ruckus and for anyone that have the build currently, please keep in mind that this build in incomplete and comes with no support.

For everyone else, my reasoning behind the upload was more to do with not having seen a release or update for a while. With the build I was able to see some of the issues and fix a few issues. The idea was to have others investigate the issues and try to contribute to the current build and test out some cool stuff. But of course it turns more into people having issue with the problems.

Thanks again guys.

Last edited by JJO192,

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is this version faster than the other one? I tried playing Genshin and it lagged like crazy, hope this one works better.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Exciting stuff.
You are a champion. Thanks muchly.
I honestly dont think the devs will mind aslong as people don’t complain about the problems.
Is deep sleep still an issue in 10?
Does the user interface seem snappier?

JJO192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this version faster than the other one? I tried playing Genshin and it lagged like crazy, hope this one works better.
Not sure about that specifically, but I'm finding it faster than the 8.1 version in everything and faster than L4T.
Exciting stuff.
You are a champion. Thanks muchly.
I honestly dont think the devs will mind aslong as people don’t complain about the problems.
Is deep sleep still an issue in 10?
Does the user interface seem snappier?
Awesome stuff. I can't say for deep sleep yet becuase I haven't put the thing down with all the testing of apps, but the OS is super fast and really responsive, honestly I'm super impressed so far.

lulle2007200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
> I honestly dont think the devs will mind aslong as people don’t complain about the problems.
Well, the developers have asked multiple times to not share builds until they release it for that very reason.

JJO192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
> I honestly dont think the devs will mind aslong as people don’t complain about the problems.
Well, the developers have asked multiple times to not share builds until they release it for that very reason.
Fair enough, I'm not completely in the scene so I just came across it but have not seen a request to not build. If I should remove it let me know.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Fair enough, I'm not completely in the scene so I just came across it but have not seen a request to not build. If I should remove it let me know.

if you want you could ask on the discord.
It was mentioned for android 9 over a year ago.
Much time has past since then and this is a completely different build.
I Imagine at the time posted the switchroot team didnt expect to still be on the original Oreo build over 1 year later.
I wouldn’t overly stress too much either way.
I didn’t find pie building too difficult, but it is very time consuming requires an enormous amount of computer space, & multiple free SD cards, oh and obviously either linux or VM running on windows.

Last edited by Basketto,

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm having problems: I have formatted my SD card in exFAT, NTFS and FAT32 and every time I just extracted the files in the card's root, then launched hekate with the payload provided in the .rar but... I get a lot of errors.

"Failed to init SD!

Missing LP0 (sleep module) lib!

Missing or old Minerva lib!

Update bootloader folder!"

Then when I go into "Tools", it just shows "Other --- AutoRCM" and nothing else. I've tried different payloads (5.0.1 - 5.2.1) but with no success. What am I doing wrong?

JJO192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having problems: I have formatted my SD card in exFAT, NTFS and FAT32 and every time I just extracted the files in the card's root, then launched hekate with the payload provided in the .rar but... I get a lot of errors.

"Failed to init SD!

Then when I go into "Tools", it just shows "Other --- AutoRCM" and nothing else. I've tried different payloads (5.0.1 - 5.2.1) but with no success. What am I doing wrong?
Format the sd card to FAT32

Copy over only bootloader and switchroot folder.

Launch Hekate and navigate to Tools -> Arch bit • RCM • Touch • Partitions -> Partition SD Card.

Slide the Android slider (bottom) to around 16gb. Then start.

Once completed, shut down, put the rest of the files on the sd card.

Again Launch Hekate and navigate to Tools -> Arch bit • RCM • Touch • Partitions -> Partition SD Card.

Hit Flash Android, Then continue.

Then follow the rest of the steps.

Bluer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

"Failed to init SD!

I think you have to also put files from the newest Hekate release on the SD card.
(https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases)

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Format the sd card to FAT32

Copy over only bootloader and switchroot folder.

Launch Hekate and navigate to Tools -> Arch bit • RCM • Touch • Partitions -> Partition SD Card.

Slide the Android slider (bottom) to around 16gb. Then start.

Once completed, shut down, put the rest of the files on the sd card.

Again Launch Hekate and navigate to Tools -> Arch bit • RCM • Touch • Partitions -> Partition SD Card.

Hit Flash Android, Then continue.

Then follow the rest of the steps.

This didn't work.

I think you have to also put files from the newest Hekate release on the SD card.
(https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases)

This didn't work either.
I tried downloading the latest files and then replacing the existing ones with ones provided in the .rar from the post and vice-versa but nothing seems to be working. Same errors, SD is formatted to FAT32.

JJO192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which build is it?

Android with nvidia stuff
Android without nvidia stuff
Android TV with nvidia stuff
Android with nvidia stuff

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This didn't work.

This didn't work either.
I tried downloading the latest files and then replacing the existing ones with ones provided in the .rar from the post and vice-versa but nothing seems to be working. Same errors, SD is formatted to FAT32.

Follow this, but for every instance it refers to L4T do the Android option. Hope a visual helps.

Reactions: xtatu

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I ll be testing it later but i did test pie build of android for the switch and beside the missing items in it. it runs pretty well more stable than the lineage 15 version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended