Anarchy Reigns Delayed in the West

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, May 25, 2012.

May 25, 2012
  1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    [​IMG]

Despite the game going gold globally, Anarchy Reigns has been moved from a July release date to "To Be Confirmed" by Sega.

According to Platinum Games, the makers of Bayonetta, MadWorld, and Vanquish, the game is finished and localized, but it is now in the hands of Sega to start distributing it.

Platinum Games, however, stressed that this didn't mean cancellation of what has been dubbed the "MadWorld spiritual successor". In their statement, Platinum Games said ""That [TBC] means 'to be confirmed', not 'to be cancelled'. We worked really hard to make sure everybody could get the game on time. The game is fully localized."

For importers however, the western language options will be present in the Japanese release. For now though, a western release is still getting foggier and foggier.

:arrow: Source

Such a shame, I was really looking forward to this. I really hope it does get localized though, it's a day one buy from me.

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I'd never heard of the game until now, but it looks pretty interesting. I'll give it a shot if it comes over.

3. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Sega is much better off releasing the game in the summer, where it won't have to worry too much about competition, than pretty much any other time in the year (especially fall or winter). If they want this game to succeed, they really shouldn't push it back too far.

4. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    Basically anything in the fall block is going to be in rough seas. November is a gigantic month (with the annual CoD/Assassin's Creed releases plus whatever else hits then) so that's out of the question, but as you said, summer is a good time. Summer is basically a dead zone for gaming (kinda odd since a large amount of gamers are usually people who get the summer off from school and have shit loads of free time) and most big name releases will start gobbling up attention in a desert of nothingness.

I still have a feeling though that Sega will keep delaying this until they say "Fuck it" and just drop the project completely (even though it's already localized).

5. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    Are you kidding me? Did you even read your own news post?

Aside from that smart ass remark, is this is really a MadWorld sequel? Because that sounds fucking awesome.

6. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    I meant like it comes to the US.

And it's not a MadWorld sequel but many consider it the "spiritual successor". It does have Jack from MadWorld (as well as Bayonetta) though and is similarly styled (it's not longer black and white but it does have that gritty feel to it).

7. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    sega needs to start advertising PG games well

this game is 95% online and will be dead so fast once released.

8. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    I hope they don't region lock the multiplayer though since it'll be pretty much nonexistent if that's the case.

Plus I have a Xbox 360 and I'd be getting the Xbox 360 version of the game which will fetch crap sales compared to the PS3 in Japan, where this game would probably sell the most.

But yes, they need to advertise these games.