GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Rykin said:
Because of Xbox Live, isn't it already "Pay-to-Play"? (On the Xbox, anyway).
Yeah, if they make COD (or any MMO game for that matter) pay-to-play, they should at least not require Xbox Live Gold (I mean, pay for a Gold membership AND a CoD membership? not happening for me. If I had an Xbox, at least lol)

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've never played any CoD games. Can someone tell me why Activision needs to host games?
How is it any different from say TF2 or CS, Unreal Tournament 2004/3 ?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
You can't update a series like that too much, no. So the companies don't, and they keep releasing the same game over and over again and making a fortune off each.

Actually, with some creativity, they probably could add a few more elements to the game. Dunno.
I could think of a few: Bigger selection of guns, and add in bows. Add a multi-player game mode in that you have to be stealthy in, you know like the first level of campaign? Make more of the riot shield, thus expanding roles and increasing strategy. Perhaps make a player vs. everything, similar to spec ops but closer to Gears. I guarantee there is so much Activision is missing in the gameplay, and I am currently placing my hopes in Respawn for a shooter that can compete with CoD. Remove, or Nerf under mounted grenade launchers (aka: Noob Tubes), and keep secondary explosives. I like the way MW2 plays, and I hope this will be expanded and improved.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DunkrWunkah said:
This is the single worst idea to ever have the privilege of existing. Most CoD players don't have that money to spare.

No, no, it should be PayToPlay. Then maybe people'd stop overhyping a mediocre game.

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
DunkrWunkah said:
This is the single worst idea to ever have the privilege of existing. Most CoD players don't have that money to spare.

No, no, it should be PayToPlay. Then maybe people'd stop overhyping a mediocre game.
Even if the game is mediocre and overhyped, exploitation is NEVER the answer. It's an extreme example of complete dickery and take-advantage-of-the-customery.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Pachter also said that all the time gamers spend playing the same game over and over again online takes away from the time they could be playing other games, thus, not as many units are being sold and to make up for it, multiplayer should be pay-to-play.
That's like, unbelievably stupid. Xbox users have to pay, anyway.
But like, to make up for revenue lost in bad games people aren't playing because they're spending time with other games? complete stupidity.
Rather, developpers should be pushed to make better games.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
Midna said:
You can't update a series like that too much, no. So the companies don't, and they keep releasing the same game over and over again and making a fortune off each.

Actually, with some creativity, they probably could add a few more elements to the game. Dunno.
I could think of a few: Bigger selection of guns, and add in bows. Add a multi-player game mode in that you have to be stealthy in, you know like the first level of campaign? Make more of the riot shield, thus expanding roles and increasing strategy. Perhaps make a player vs. everything, similar to spec ops but closer to Gears. I guarantee there is so much Activision is missing in the gameplay, and I am currently placing my hopes in Respawn for a shooter that can compete with CoD. Remove, or Nerf under mounted grenade launchers (aka: Noob Tubes), and keep secondary explosives. I like the way MW2 plays, and I hope this will be expanded and improved.
They could indeed improve a lot, they just need to actually balance everything and then add more game modes that are unique as opposed to 3rd person view or playlists for map packs. Blacks Ops is supposed to have some kind of zombies mode, and I think they should make all of the modes a lot more unique and something that will actually make players focus on the point of that game mode instead of their freakin K/D ratio. Shotguns should be primaries again. Also, no one man army or any type of explosive boosting perks. And no stopping power, the second perk slot could be used for more interesting things. Basically if they just fix the crap that is MW2, Black Ops could be great, as MW2's controls are extremely tight and all of the action is fast-paced, which is what makes CoD so popular, and rightfully so.

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
Sterl500 said:
Midna said:

They could indeed improve a lot, they just need to actually balance everything and then add more game modes that are unique as opposed to 3rd person view or playlists for map packs. Blacks Ops is supposed to have some kind of zombies mode, and I think they should make all of the modes a lot more unique and something that will actually make players focus on the point of that game mode instead of their freakin K/D ratio. Shotguns should be primaries again. Also, no one man army or any type of explosive boosting perks. And no stopping power, the second perk slot could be used for more interesting things. Basically if they just fix the crap that is MW2, Black Ops could be great, as MW2's controls are extremely tight and all of the action is fast-paced, which is what makes CoD so popular, and rightfully so.

..and no more commando.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nikolay said:
Terminator02 said:
Sterl500 said:
Midna said:

..and no more commando.
They were wrong to support a knife and run class. I like the Marathon, and Lightweight perks purely because they make moving on the field of battle much easier. Ninja pro kick so much ass as well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.