"An error has occured" while opening FS3D JPN CIA

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AquaX101, Feb 14, 2015.

1. AquaX101
    OP

AquaX101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 15, 2014
    United States
    Somewhere
    I tried opening my own JPN fs3d non region locked and firmware spoofed cia and it went to the black screen with "An error has occured, turn off the system". The .3ds came from bigbluebox and the cia never worked. I requested a user on a different website to try to convert it to a cia and he also got the error. Is there any fix?

We both also checked our KeyX's and they were both correct.

2. AquaX101
    OP

Apr 15, 2014
    United States
    Somewhere
    I also have another question to ask, when I update my gateway emunand to 9.5 it won't load emunand anymore, help?

3. Thelucario21

Thelucario21 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    United States
    What do you mean by "it won't load emunand anymore"? as in going to DS Profile Settings doesn't launch the exploit anymore?
    have you downloaded the 9.5 fix "Ultra 3.0.4 BETA" on Gateway's website? that might fix it since they fixed some issues in 9.5 EmuNAND.

It could be an issue with CIAs you have installed such as installing the Romcart unlock hack by cearp on EmuNAND rather than SysNAND it might be causing conflicts.

4. AquaX101
    OP

Apr 15, 2014
    United States
    Somewhere
    Here's what I did with emunand, I did this when I had 3.0.4:
    1. Formatted EmuNand
    2. Booted 4.5 Emunand in classic mode, loaded fine.
    3. Went to system settings and updated
    4. It told me the update was complete and I needed to restart the system and when I restarted it rebooted me into 4.5 SysNAND
    5. I went back into the ds profile and loaded the exploit, tried to open classic mode and it was stuck on the black screen for 10 minutes and I turned it off and I did 2 more attempts, and it still never worked.

5. Thelucario21

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    United States

Sounds like a problem with your SD card, is it the default that came with the 3DS or the XL or is it some other brand? Possibly show a picture of your SD/MicroSD Card? Sorry if it seems kinda dumb but I'm covering all the bases of what could be wrong.

6. AquaX101
    OP

Apr 15, 2014
    United States
    Somewhere
    The default that came with the XL

7. Thelucario21

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    United States
    Try updating to Emunand 9.5 while still using 3.0.3 or below if you've got a backup of it, else i can PM you a link with the older GW 3.0.1 I used to update to EmuNAND 9.5 before I updated to GW 3.0.4.

It is a Beta, they might have bungled updating between 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 and not noticed. :I

8. AquaX101
    OP

Apr 15, 2014
    United States
    Somewhere
    welll I still need help