Hacking "An error has occured" what's at fault?

Naridar

Excelsior!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi everyone! Recently, I've bought a 64GB Samsung MicroSDXC (http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/memory-storage-accessories/MB-MP64DA/AM), I've updated my Gateway to FW2.6 (and later 2.7) and installed some CIAs (BigBlueMenu and some themes and DLCs). A few weeks later, a strange error started occuring, namely, some games crash into a black screen like the one on this pic:

These are the games this has occured in:

- Super Mario 3D land (when Mario got hit on special W4-4) : no DLC or CIA installed
- Theatrhythm Curtain call (E) during a FFXIII song (forgot the name, the one that plays at the first area of chapter 11), the game has CIA DLC installed
- Shin megami tensei IV (USA) on the title screen, with and without CIA DLC. Deleting it and copying it over again didn't solve the issue, but installing a different version (one with japanese dub) did, DLC works fine now
- Persona Q (USA) at the intro, deleting it and copying it over again solved it. DLC cia installed after this, works fine.

Here's some more information, basically everything relevant that I can think of:

- EU region 3DS, sysnand 4.5, emunand 9.2-9.4 (updated with GW2.7), non-default theme in emunand
- checked microSD card (was relatively cheap at 50 USD, was afraid it might be faulty), no errors

So, my big question is, what caused this? The GW firmware, the new microSD card or maybe DLC or theme CIAs? Anyone got any ideas or has anything similar happened to someone? Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Oh you meant the game. Scratch what I said earlier