Hacking "An Error has occured" need help ASAP

bretonultimate1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while ago I bought an R4, worked great, until one day, I was playing Assassin's Creed, and I decided to take a break and simple close the ds, while holding it and the ds being closed AND on, I accidentally popped out the cartridge, I quickly re-inserted it and opened it. Both screens were black, nothing written. I turned off my DS and turned it back on and selected the cartridge channel. I selected the cartridge icon as usual, but it said"an error has occured, please refer to user's manual etc." I tried various flashcarts, including acekard 2i, it did not work. They all have the same problem. I've figured that by now the problem is not the flashcarts, the DS itself(My DS is a DSi XL 1.4.1E and yes I bought the cartridges with the 1.4.1 update, could someone please help me with this? What's the solution to this extremely frustrating problem? I've tried everything, but nothing has worked, PLEASE, share your wisdom and help me out!!!!!!
hate2.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I doubt this will help since you say you've tried other flashcards (which one's BTW ??)

I've read that SOMETIMES the 'firmware header' code of a flashcard (in this case the AK2i) can get corrupted - especially on powering up etc, which can cause the 'an error has occurred' message to show

Some solutions I've read say 'Try re-upgrading the firmware for the card' - which I would guess in your AK case would be the 1.4.1 'fix' for it (some1 else will have to tell you the link for it) - although this doesn't explain why the OTHER flashcards don't work

Another possibility is maybe one of the pins INSIDE the DS is bent/not connecting properly - & that's why it can't 'read' the card. Just not sure how you can check/repair such a thing though

bretonultimate1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retail cards work perfectly, which is why this weirds me out. I can't find a solution, is there anything INSIDE the DS that might be causing this?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
If 'Retails' work but Flashcard don't - it does seem point towards your flashcard, but since you say
QUOTE said:
I tried various flashcarts, including acekard 2i
THAT seems to point towards the DS

- UNLESS you've been using the same SD card in each of the flashcards ..... It could be THAT that's causing problems out of curiosity - just what flashcards have you tried on your DSi XL ??? IIRC the R4 [if genuine] doesn't work on DSi/XL's

Have you backed it up & re-formatted it using the SD formatter (don't use Windows own formatting - it doesn't do it 'right') - also make sure the SD card is inserted right - if it's even slightly crooked or out of line - it won't work
Have you tried another SD card ?? - your existing card may be knackered

Is it possible to try out the flashcard(s) on a DSLite or a DSi ??

What Icon do you get with the Acekard2i ?? IIRC it will either be Johnny Phantom OR Stormbreaker (on the DSi XL). If it is NOT Stormbreaker - then you have somehow 'lost' the 1.4.1 'patch/fix' on the AK2i

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat