Hacking An Email I Got From WiinjaNorthAmerica

Luminite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked them a couple of questions about shipping and the Wiinja itself. This is his reply. (I Will point out the the important quotes)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email from WinjaNorthAmerica:

Hey,
Thanks for the email.

I just got back from Atlanta, well... Gainesville to be exact.

I should be shipping these around the 8th. Will be shipping as soon as they get in.

I will be making an ISO available that will allow some additional features in conjuction with the Wiinja and there will be no additional items on the first shipment as it has already gone out. (He means that Micro ninja has already shipped to retailers)

Also, Nintendo cannot do a firmware update via Wiiconnect and the chip bypasses the firmware anyways. There is no foreseen ability of Nintendo to stop this at this time

Thanks for the email,
WiinjaNorthAmerica

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very interesting. I wonder what the "additonal features" will be.

I can't wait!!!

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that it's going to be a preloader for GCOS.

QUOTE said:
GCOS Special Version for Wiinja Modchip

What's it do?:
Boots all region Gamecube games (original or legal backups)
Explore ISO9660 discs up to 4.7gb(?) and launch DOL/ELF

How to:
Insert this disc into your Wiinja'd Wii and boot it.
Eject it and put in your favourite GC game and boot!

Requirements:
Wii
Wiinja
GC Game

Websites:
www.gamecubeos.com
www.wiinja.com

Luminite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that it's going to be a preloader for GCOS.

QUOTE said:
GCOS Special Version for Wiinja Modchip

What's it do?:
Boots all region Gamecube games (original or legal backups)
Explore ISO9660 discs up to 4.7gb(?) and launch DOL/ELF

How to:
Insert this disc into your Wiinja'd Wii and boot it.
Eject it and put in your favourite GC game and boot!

Requirements:
Wii
Wiinja
GC Game

Websites:
www.gamecubeos.com
www.wiinja.com

Yeah, its one of the "additional" features.
smile.gif

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
uh, yeah...how do you think Nintendo got the first firmware update to us? WiiConnect24 maybe? I understand that you could just not upgrade your console anymore...but Nintendo could also make things like the Shop/News/Weather/Internet channels not work anymore if your Wii isn't running a certain firmware. Unfortunately, the Wiinja seems like a waste of money, as will any chip untill they sort out multi-region booting and have an upgradeable firmware.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
uh, yeah...how do you think Nintendo got the first firmware update to us? WiiConnect24 maybe? I understand that you could just not upgrade your console anymore...but Nintendo could also make things like the Shop/News/Weather/Internet channels not work anymore if your Wii isn't running a certain firmware. Unfortunately, the Wiinja seems like a waste of money, as will any chip untill they sort out multi-region booting and have an upgradeable firmware.

How many times do we have to bring up that a drivechip bypasses firmware? Nobody seems to get that.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I think the firmware they are referring to, is the dvd drive firmware.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wonder if he'll make a multi region wii booter, if so I would be sold... but I don't want to pay, so I'll wait for the firmware flash, I guess.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M) said:
artin,Jan 29 2007, 06:56 PM]So you can still download and update your firmware with Wiinja installed?

According to tmbinc's speech, yes. Nintendo - unless they have something up their sleeve we don't know about - will not be able to stop a drivechip.

Everytime your Wii asks to update, check this forum first to be safe.

Luminite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Jan 29 2007, 09:56 PM)]
How many times do we have to bring up that a drivechip bypasses firmware?  Nobody seems to get that.
So you can still download and update your firmware with Wiinja installed?

Yes, you can still update. This is a Drive Mod.

Wonder if he'll make a multi region wii booter, if so I would be sold... but I don't want to pay, so I'll wait for the firmware flash, I guess.

I think that there is a possibillity to run these "boot disc" with the Wiinja to allow this. I am sure they are working on it as we speak. It would be great to download "boot discs" and run them as exploits for this. I honestly think it is a great idea, and is as possible as a Wii mod chip.
biggrin.gif
Seriously, That could be the first update that we get when we our Wiinja's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 🫂