ROM Hack Amiigo Installation

SammyNogard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys, I'd like to install and use Amiigo, as it appears to be exactly what I'm looking for with Amiibo emulation. Can anyone please kindly give me a step by step guide to getting it up and running on my switch? I'm using Atmosphere and my switch is updated to 9.2.0, and if it matters I'll be using this for Animal Crossing New Horizons (and other games later). I have searched this forum and google for guides but can't find anything, though I accept I may have missed something. Thanks in advance x

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
go to the homebrew appstore, download emuiibo and amiigo from there, restart your switch into atmosphere and that's it.

SammyNogard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I have installed both Emuiibo and Amiigo but apparently Emuiibo is not updated to run with the latest console update so neither work.. Am I missing something or do I just have to wait for Emuiibo to update?

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
So I have installed both Emuiibo and Amiigo but apparently Emuiibo is not updated to run with the latest console update so neither work.. Am I missing something or do I just have to wait for Emuiibo to update?
Replying here as well in case people have the same problem and don't see the other thread. Once XorTroll updates Emuiibo for the latest firmware Amiigo should just work™️. Something might change with IPC and then I'll have to recompile Amiigo but the change shouldn't be noticeable to the end user, they'll just have to update my app as well as Emuiibo if that happens.

forumuser599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replying here as well in case people have the same problem and don't see the other thread. Once XorTroll updates Emuiibo for the latest firmware Amiigo should just work™️. Something might change with IPC and then I'll have to recompile Amiigo but the change shouldn't be noticeable to the end user, they'll just have to update my app as well as Emuiibo if that happens.

Emuiibo is working fine for me on Atmosphere 0.10.5 and firmware 9.2.0
XorTroll updated the version 0.4 zip file on the github to reflect the change from titles to contents in Atmosphere.

I am using Amiigo as well with no issue.

If you are not using Amiigo, then you do have to edit settings.json in the root emuiibo directory. If it is not there, it will be created on the first run. It's explained in the changelog notes of release version 0.4

From the release version 0.4 notes: "Now emuiibo has a settings file: settings.json inside emuiibo's directory. The only setting it has for now is whether input combos are enabled, and this defaults to false (disabled by default)."

The changelog does not reflect that it was changed from titles to contents, but the release version 0.4 zip file was stealth updated and when you unzip, it is contents now.

Link to github release: https://github.com/XorTroll/emuiibo/releases

ALSO, the version that is on the appstore is NOT the updated version that is on the github. Same version number, but the contents of the zip on github is different.

Last edited by forumuser599,
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
XorTroll updated the version 0.4 zip file on the github to reflect the change from titles to contents in Atmosphere.

If you are not using Amiigo, then you do have to edit settings.json in the root emuiibo directory. If it is not there, it will be created on the first run. It's explained in the changelog notes of release version 0.4

From the release version 0.4 notes: "Now emuiibo has a settings file: settings.json inside emuiibo's directory. The only setting it has for now is whether input combos are enabled, and this defaults to false (disabled by default)."

The changelog does not reflect that it was changed from titles to contents, but the release version 0.4 zip file was stealth updated and when you unzip, it is contents now.

ALSO, the version that is on the appstore is NOT the updated version that is on the github. Same version number, but the contents of the zip on github is different.
Ah ok thanks. Someone in another thread told me that the latest version was incompatible with the latest firmware and I just assumed that was correct.

forumuser599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok thanks. Someone in another thread told me that the latest version was incompatible with the latest firmware and I just assumed that was correct.

I think it's not the firmware, but the titles to contents confusion, especially since the readme on the github is not updated to reflect "contents" as well. Plus the appstore still installs to titles and not contents because they don't have the updated zip.. AND the new settings.json file having the functionality disabled by default.

I'm just glad that I could point out that it still works and let everyone get a chance to fix it on their end! :D

SammyNogard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

This did it, thank you so much for the info!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay