Amiibo Preorders Through Amazon

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by PityOnU, Dec 15, 2014.

1. PityOnU
    OP

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    I ordered all of the wave 2 Amiibo figurines through Amazon a few weeks ago. However, with the huge mess the release has turned into, things are (predictably) not going as smoothly as planned. Here is the email I received today:

So basically they were able to get me 1 out of 6 of the figurines I ordered.

At this point, I am unsure if this is occurring because of the now phased roll out of the wave 2 figures, or if Amazon sold more preorders than it had stock. If it's the former, I have no trouble waiting. If it's the latter, however, waiting will totally fuck me over considering how many figures are selling out so quickly and then going for horrendously over-the-top prices on eBay.

Not sure what to do at this point. Thoughts?

2. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Oh boy.. It's a big deal counting on a huge e-retailer such as amazon to fulfill their preorders. It would suck if they screw you over. They should know that you could've easily bought it elsewhere but chose to go with them.

Oh well, just a rant from my side. Hope all goes well. I am still looking for villager myself.

3. jurai

jurai GBAtemp Fan

Dec 23, 2005
    The whole Amiibo release is a total cluster f at this point, reports I've been seeing suggest retail stores only got like 3 copies of Lil Mac and Diddy Kong, which immediately got bought up and thrown on ebay. Nintendo really needs to step it up with supply

WiiCube_2013 likes this.