Hacking Amiibo NFC data

tojithorn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find more information about the data found on the NFC cards within Amiibos?

I've been using an NFC reader to collect dumps from an Amiibo and I'm regularly receiving 540 bytes of data, but it appears to be encoded.

I've also compared a dump from before/after making a small change to the Amiibo (after I fed the Amiibo a single item) and I noticed that while the majority of the data changes, there are large chunks of data that persist, leading me to believe that this is structured data and not an encrypted blob of data.

I would share the data I've collected, however I want to know what the data is before I upload it, in case it contains sensitive info, e.g. my gamer ID.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should only be amiibo-related save data stored on it, especially considering how small storage there is on the tags. However, I would be careful about sharing that info publicly, as most of the code is most likely copyrighted Nintendo intellectual property. What I would do is find someone that you trust that has a good amount of knowledge on the subject and see if you could swap ideas with him/her (does anyone know where Toad King went?...)

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ooh, I didn't think it would be that easy to get decrypted. Nice :)
Your best bet is to read through the (limited) documentation for NFP from the SDK. The rest is undocumented and you'll need to figure it out on a per-game basis.

It's not decrypted, it's just a dump.
The thing really funny is that amiibos will be hacked because of the Wii U : we will be able to dump amiibo key generation algorithm from the software!
I hope you will finish the IOSU exploit soon, so we can dump generation keys...

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to