Homebrew Amiibo changing app?

NGFan830

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Is there an app to change the identity of an amiibo? I mean I have a Mario (Mario Maker edition) amiibo and I want to change it so my Switch (or Wii U or 3DS) thinks it's a Bowser amiibo. (For example...)
(Yeah I know I posted this in the 3DS homebrew thread.) Thanks.

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an app to change the identity of an amiibo? I mean I have a Mario (Mario Maker edition) amiibo and I want to change it so my Switch (or Wii U or 3DS) thinks it's a Bowser amiibo. (For example...)
(Yeah I know I posted this in the 3DS homebrew thread.) Thanks.
As far as I know (and anybody is free to correct me,) there isn't a way to make one amiibo act like another. However, if you have some NFC tags lying around and an android with NFC capabilities, you could use that.

NGFan830

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
As far as I know (and anybody is free to correct me,) there isn't a way to make one amiibo act like another. However, if you have some NFC tags lying around and an android with NFC capabilities, you could use that.
Oof I don't have NFC tags (I think in my town there is a store where I can buy
And my phone is a Mi A1. And Mi A1 doesn't have NFC. And my mom has a Galaxy J3 2017... And j5 '17 has...

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oof I don't have NFC tags (I think in my town there is a store where I can buy
And my phone is a Mi A1. And Mi A1 doesn't have NFC. And my mom has a Galaxy J3 2017... And j5 '17 has...
*shrug* you might be shit out of luck then.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: urherenow

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using thenaya since it came out. Has always worked perfectly for me. This app is the reason I almost lose my mind every time someone posts a new issue to the amiibombuino (or whatever the name is) git (which hasn’t actually been updated in over a year). Download amiibo dumps, flash to an nfc sticker... done.

TL;DR
Except for the small region where progress is saved, a lock bit is set on the tags, preventing you from altering the portion that says what kind of amiibo it is. If this lock is not set, your console will not recognize it as an amiibo.

NGFan830

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Been using thenaya since it came out. Has always worked perfectly for me. This app is the reason I almost lose my mind every time someone posts a new issue to the amiibombuino (or whatever the name is) git (which hasn’t actually been updated in over a year). Download amiibo dumps, flash to an nfc sticker... done.

TL;DR
Except for the small region where progress is saved, a lock bit is set on the tags, preventing you from altering the portion that says what kind of amiibo it is. If this lock is not set, your console will not recognize it as an amiibo.
Can you remove the lock?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you remove the lock?
Once you write a tag, it's set to a specific amiibo. forever. I did read somewhere there was a type of tag/writer combo that could get around this, but I don't recall the info. Sorry. The answer is NO for the solution that I know works, first hand. Perhaps you want to spend more money and deal with an amiiqo instead if you don't like the answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...