Amico Intellivision Hype-Thread

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

Any day now! I personally hope they will have wired controller support. Earthworm Jim looks awesome!

What are you hyped for the most about the Intellivision Amico?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
This console looks like a disposable home phone from the early 00s. Horrible

They’re actually modelled on the original Intellivision which err…looked like telephones:
1657194750819.png

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a real topic? Isn't the Amico like a big joke at this point? Last I heard they didn't even renew their trademark and will lose it in a month or two if they don't file a petition to save the trademark and soon. I mean it might come out, but even if it does, it's going to flop hard, this will not captivate a large enough niche audience like Evercade has managed to do to stick around.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Is this a real topic? Isn't the Amico like a big joke at this point? I mean it might come out, but even if it does, it's going to flop hard, this will not captivate a large enough niche audience like Evercade has managed to do to stick around.
The amico is a console, for people who want clean fun for families and friends. It's not for everyone.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
So what you are saying is that the Amico will not be coming out or it will take a long while?

Wait, you're serious? Oh dear, who wants to break the news to them about this dumpster fire of a company/product.

lol, listen to this guy! How much are they paying you to try and hype up this dumpster fire?

I don't think they can afford paid shills at the moment.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Console is dropped, from what I heard, everything has been going down hill for a couple of years now. The trademarks were abandoned also. The console is no longer in development, even if it were I wouldn't go anywhere near it. Using NFT's for games is yet anyotherscam on top if the scam pile.

Last edited by spinal_cord,

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Is there something official? I hope it comes out, it is a unique concept that deviates from the same old same old.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there something official? I hope it comes out, it is a unique concept that deviates from the same old same old.

I've been watching coverage on Youtube, such as the CUPodcast for a while now.

IIRC a financial report intended for investors basically said they're going to run out of money in the near future and I don't believe they received the full investment amount (correct me if I'm wrong).

Given that they made a load of redundancies, I suspect they're trying to drag things out as long as possible and are even looking to license their IP to other platforms.

Overall, it sounds like they need a windfall investment and maybe even a change in management (I know Tommy is gone).

The games I've seen don't look good, reminding me of old Flash/cheap mobile and you'd probably be better off just buying an old Wii for family games or looking at the offerings on existing consoles e.g. The Switch.

Rumours around EJ4 suggest it's even not in development, I don't even think the announcement video is on their channel anymore (even you only have a mirror).

Frankly, if you've paid for this I'd cancel the preorder now unless you bought somewhere that only charges if/when they ship.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I've been watching coverage on Youtube, such as the CUPodcast for a while now.

IIRC a financial report intended for investors basically said they're going to run out of money in the near future and I don't believe they received the full investment amount (correct me if I'm wrong).

Given that they made a load of redundancies, I suspect they're trying to drag things out as long as possible and are even looking to license their IP to other platforms.

Overall, it sounds like they need a windfall investment and maybe even a change in management (I know Tommy is gone).

The games I've seen don't look good, reminding me of old Flash/cheap mobile and you'd probably be better off just buying an old Wii for family games or looking at the offerings on existing consoles e.g. The Switch.

Rumours around EJ4 suggest it's even not in development, I don't even think the announcement video is on their channel anymore (even you only have a mirror).

Frankly, if you've paid for this I'd cancel the preorder now unless you bought somewhere that only charges if/when they ship.
I never preorder. Thanks for the detailed information!

Maybe we can cheer on Amico to up their morale, so they can release it soon.

Please Intellivision bring out the Amico for clean gaming fun without nastyness!

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
The amico has:
Dimensions / 11in x 9.5in x 2.5in
CPU / 8 core, 1.8Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon
Memory / 2GB RAM, 32GB Flash
Connectivity / HDMI, 12V power, 1 USB, micro SD card
Video / 1080p HDMI
Wireless / Bluetooth, WiFi, RFID
Additional Features / Interactive Guidance Lighting, integrated wireless contact charging, passive cooling
The Wii U has:

CPU
1.24 GHz Tri-Core IBM PowerPC "Espresso"
Memory2 GB DDR3
StorageInternal flash memory:
8 GB (Basic Set) / 32 GB (Deluxe Set)
Removable storageSD/SDHC card (up to 32 GB)
USB storage device (up to 2 TB)
Display

Video output formats
Wii U GamePad (FWVGA)
Graphics550 MHz AMD Radeon-based "Latte"

Looks like the hardware is more powerful as the Wii U by a good bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: