Ambidexterity?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, are any of you ambidextrous? Anyone naturally ambidextrous? Anyone gain proficiency in the non-dominant hand? How can I achieve this proficiency in my non-dominant hand? I'm a righty, by the way!
smile.gif

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
No I'm not. I tried this DS game to train your other hand, but it was so hard that I could not manage to finish a single exercise...

Son of Science

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm super serious. When I needed to teach myself ambidexterity (none of yo' business, beyotch), I learned it by pleasing myself and writing with my left hand.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You two get the fuck out of here. I had an honest question and you turned it into a shitfest.

EDIT: whew thanks mthr!
wink.gif

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Pft. Posts. Getting erased.

Blargh.

Anyway, seriously, just keep writing with it, that's how I learned. You'll suck for months, but you'll learn.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There was this show in nat'l geographic where they kind of got a woman to do all her chores with her non-dominant hand for a month non-stop and after that she was a whole lot better with it. It's kind of hard i n practice of course, but it's worth a try if you really wan to train the non-dominant hand

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
*sees all the deleted posts*
unsure.gif

I'm definitely not ambidextrous. I'm a righty all the way. But I know people who are ambidextrous. It seems like all you need is a strong will to do it, and to do 80% of everything with your...not-strong hand for a while. It's quite annoying especially at first doing things with a weaker hand(the reason I quit after trying for 5 minutes
tongue.gif
).

Disclaimer: This is not official advice from an actual ambidextrous person.

Stephapanda

Clover's Wife
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I automatically do certain things left-handed, and others right handed. It depends on the task.

I'd suggest performing tasks with your non-dominant hand to strengthen it. If you normally hold your silverware in your right hand, do it with your left. Stuff like that. After a while you will feel more comfortable doing things with your non-dominant hand. :]

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bet all those posts were about [classified information]
smileipb2.png

But yeah, just try writing with your left, or using it for things you usually use your right for.
smileipb2.png

;3

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
I tried these suggestions out, btw, and made a huge mess at dinner time.. I can't use chopsticks well with my left hand :

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm a righty, I can do some things (that I'd do with my right arm) with my left hand, but it usually comes naturally, nothing I could actually control..while my girlfriend can write with both hands, and basically use em both almost equally.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question actually- if you gain a lot of (writing) proficiency with your non-dominant hand, will switching hands for sports (I.E. Baseball, Golf, Hockey, etc.) be affected much compared to before? Or would you need to train like crazy still?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1