Amazon lists third party switch pro controller for $30, mid April release

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by FAST6191, Mar 11, 2017.

1. FAST6191
    OP

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    On IRC Arif linked up
    https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Retro-Fighters-Turbo-Controller/dp/B06XGYRHJK/

13th of April is set to be a release
    Pictures from Amazon
    41x-rnppCcL.jpg
    41Lz-9VLhqL.jpg

No particularly interesting details in the description, certainly nothing on whether it needs an original to piggyback on of anything like that (if third party is free and clear to do what they like then that could be fun). Retailing for $30 which is a fairly big drop from the first party stuff.
    For giggles we can also have the is turbo button cheating discussion too.

Dev site
    http://retrofighters.com/
    Their facebook which has not a lot but might be worth a bookmark
    https://en-gb.facebook.com/retrofighters/

The same devs have a NES compatible controller of fairly similar design up on the site for $25, first listed last September, reviews of that are good
    https://www.amazon.com/Retro-Fighters-Next-Gen-Controller-Compatible/dp/B01LMXTS9W/

2. swiitness

swiitness GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2007
    Hopefully the third party pro controllers for Switch are nothing like the third party pro controllers for Wii U.

3. FAST6191
    OP

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I have not played with a third party controller I care to play with since the 16 bit era. That said we are now seeing some independently developed controllers and the company does seem to be coming from somewhere other than completely out of nowhere.

4. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    ASCII pad on snes? That's one hell of a controller. Id like to see a 3rd party controller with the quality of the offical pro controller. then ill be impressed. The SNES ASCII Pad actually surpassed the official snes controllers. not because of the turbo, but because of the quality.

5. 9thSage

9thSage GBAtemp Fan

Aug 8, 2008
    United States
    I do hope that people realize that for $30 it probably doesn't have most of the features of the actual Pro controller. I wouldn't count on it having HD Rumble, Amiibo support, gyroscope (etc).

Rudelof likes this.
  6. FAST6191
    OP

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Some of these things are made using ghost shift or "failed" batches. Amiibo stuff is what a NFC reader, though they seem slightly more expensive so I might have to spec up some of those. Not to mention the console has it. No motion controls? Say it ain't so. That safe cracking game in 1 2 switch kind of made use of the rumble and the ball count thing was fun, otherwise fancy rumble is a bit of a gimmick.
    That said I await someone holding it as controllers very much change with what is on the outside.

Not sure. I used to buy third party pads out of a giant bin in the local game shop back then. Nobody complained about being given one when playing streets of rage or bomberman, fastforward a few years to the PS1 and N64 and third party pads there... not good.

7. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    I've got a Hudson "Joycard" controller for Famicom that works nicely.

Most Hori controllers I've ever tried work nicely.

That's my list of third party controllers for Nintendo systems that work nicely. Hope you enjoyed it.

8. Alkéryn

Alkéryn Moon Dweller ~

Mar 15, 2015
    France
    Albategnius, Moon
    I already happen to found third party controller beter than the original so even if this one look crappy, it is still a good news
    i would enjoy joycon with the right stick over and the left one under

9. iceberg303

iceberg303 Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2011
    United States
    Most probably. It all depends on what game you are playing and what features you need/want. Even w/o the motion and rumble features I'm still interested at $30. I'd be more interested at $20 but that wont happen for a new system.

10. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    It looks okay but for $30 don't go expecting Switch Pro Controller/Joy-Con technology. It'll just be the bare essentials and speaking of which, if the WiiU Pro Controller becomes compatible it'd make it the best "cheapest" controller to use on the Switch.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

What controller is that?

Alkéryn likes this.
  11. Alkéryn

Alkéryn Moon Dweller ~

Mar 15, 2015
    France
    Albategnius, Moon
    Not a switch one sorry, it was a ps3 one

12. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    did anyone actualy got a hold of this controller? its sold out already.

13. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    I didn't but I checked the price and to Europe it was £33ish delivered with customs. Not too bad but at this point, you're better off just paying the extra for the Official Switch Pro Controller.

14. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Low quality thumbsticks... If i'm going to buy that then it's going to be replaced for sure.
    Man, do i seriously have to replace everything?

15. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The plastic buttons look like they're very clicky and the analogue sticks probably make that cheap sound when it goes against the plastic case.

Felek666 likes this.
  16. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Grr. I even replaced my Wii U thumbsticks with Xbox One controller one's.
    But it's a knock-off, what did i expect...

17. F34R

F34R GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2006
    United States
    I ordered back in March and my order is still on track to get here between mid May/June. If you go to the product page it says "Currently unavailable.
    We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

18. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    i wonder if anyone actualy got one.

19. Saiyan Lusitano

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Or the Hori Wired Pro Controller for the Switch which was up on GAME (UK retailer) but then vanished.

20. F34R

F34R GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2006
    United States
    When I click on the tracking button, it shows it'll ship on Jun 15th for me.