Am I playing Chrono Trigger wrong? {SPOILERS}

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by da_head, Dec 12, 2008.

Dec 12, 2008
  1. da_head
    OP

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    yesterday i just beat it, and i went through the whole game without encountering a single alternate ending. what gives? the only opportunity i saw was choosing to kill magus or not, and i don't even think that makes a difference. also, i think i did most of the major side quests (rainbow shell, sun stone, geno dome etc). meh, guess i better google up the alternate endings lol.

btw, who do u guys use for your party? i use chrono, magus, and robo. i was using frog, but didn't find him very useful, and replaced him with magus.

2. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I know you can get one by beating Lavos without rescuing Crono.

3. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    The ending you got was probably the default one (#1). Now start a New Game + and get the others:

Ending #1 "Beyond Time" - Defeat Lavos after reviving Crono at Death Peak.

Ending #2 "Reunion" - Defeat Lavos while Crono is dead.

Ending #3 "The Dream Project" - Defeat Lavos in the Ocean Palace or immediately upon starting a new game +.

Ending #4 "The successor of Guardia" - Defeat Lavos after saving Leene and Marle, but before visiting the End of Time.

Ending #5 "Good Night" - Defeat Lavos after visiting the End of Time, but before returning to the Middle ages.

Ending #6 "The Legendary Hero" - Defeat Lavos after arriving in the middle ages, but before obtaining the Hero's Badge.

Ending #7 "The Unknown Past" - Defeat Lavos after obtaining the Hero's Badge, but before the Gate key is stolen.

Ending #8 "People of the times" - Defeat Lavos after regaining the gate key, but before giving the Masamune to Frog.

Ending #9 "The Oath" - Defeat Lavos after giving the Masamune to Frog but before fighting Magus.

Ending #10 "Dino age" - Defeat Lavos after facing Magus, but before facing Azala.

Ending #11 "What The Prophet Seeks" - Defeat Lavos after facing Azala, but before Schala opens the sealed door.

Ending #12 "Memory lane" - Defeat Lavos after Schala opens the sealed door, but before restoring the light to the pendant.

Ending #13 "Dream's Epilogue" - Defeat the Dream Devourer beyond Time's Eclipse

4. da_head
    OP

Canada
    holy jeez, am i really gonna through the game to beat every single ending o.o"

5. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    You can get all the other endings on a second playthrough.

6. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Finishing on New Game + is much easier..

Also, isn't there a new ending on the DS version?

7. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    You will almost certainly get ending #1 on your first playthrough, possibly followed by #13 if you continue through the dimensional vortex.

Then you play through the game again, pausing every so often to beat lavos (at the times shown above) to get all the other endings.

Personally I think #3 is best (you beat the game so fast, so we'll adjust the credits to suit your style [​IMG] )

8. da_head
    OP

Canada
    is that through the purple vortex thingy?

9. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    This game has 13 endings! ._.

10. kevenka

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    reunion is the best [​IMG]