Hacking Am I doing it right?

liljohnnydoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope I will not upset anybody with my message and I hope one of you will be able to help me soon.

This is the idea:

All I want to do is to make my Wii run DVD Backup games. My System Menu Version is 4.0

I have installed HBC using the Bannerbomb exploit and after that I have installed cIOS36 Rev7.
I have tried to load the backup game with: Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma but that did not work.

What I have done now after reading the whole day about all the homebrew applications is to compile a list of applications that I need to install back home to make everything work:

Here is what I have:

cIOS36_rev10-Installer
cIOS38_rev12-Installer
cIOS Uninstaller v1.1 - cIOS37rev and Higher
Homebrew_Browser
NeoGammaR2-BackupLoader -- Created by WiiPower - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5914
SDUSB-Loader_v1.5
WadManager 1.4

So my question is this:

If I will install:
cIOS 38rev12 and
NeoGammaR2 backup loader, will I be able to run the game from the backup DVD on my PAL Wii?

Please let me know if I got everything right or not.

Thank you

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Close. You'll probably need to do some IOS Downgrading first.

run a google search for "Wii Softmod for Dummies 4.1". That should tell you and include everything you need.

NeoGamma is more up to date and current than the backup loader mentioned in that tutorial though, so just use that instead.

liljohnnydoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you very much Hooya,

I will give it a try and I will let you know how it goes. I just hope I will have time to do it.

Once again, thank you !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality