Already have Priiloader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by joshwill80, May 5, 2010.

May 5, 2010

Already have Priiloader by joshwill80 at 10:46 PM (904 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. joshwill80
    OP

Newcomer joshwill80 Advanced Member

United States
    Just a quick question. I recently installed Priiloader onto my Wii because I could not install Bootmii as boot2. It installed fine, got the disc update hack working. Now I read that you can update boot2 with Dop-Mii, which will allow you to install Bootmii as boot2 if you could not before.

I'm wondering if there is any reason I should uninstall Priiloader and go the Dop-Mii route, or would that just really be unnecessary? Is there any major advantage I would gain from switching from Priiloader to Bootmii?

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    No it wont. boot2 BootMii installation is dependent on boot1 version, nothing to do with boot2. You cannot, and almost definitely never will be able to, install BootMii as boot2. Sorry

3. joshwill80
    OP

Newcomer joshwill80 Advanced Member

United States
    Ah, well that's good to know, nothing more for me to mess with.

4. harmor

Member harmor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You should install bootmii as IOS so you can backup your NAND.
    Once done rename the directory named "bootmii" to something else to stop BootMii from launching everytime you turn on the Wii.

5. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If installed as an IOS, it won't run unless launched from HBC, so no reason to rename the folder. Only the boot2 version runs at start up.