Almost new 3DS XL with something inside the screen...

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Arnold0, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Arnold0
    OP

Arnold0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2011
    France
    Vire, France
    Hi,
    Less than 2 weeks ago, I bought the 3DS XL pokemon edition. Tooday when opening it, I saw my screen was durty so I cleened it. But there is something inside the screen I think... I tryed to press realy have on it while cleening but no way, the thing is still here. It also seems a sort of buble is inside the screen too (I don't have any screen protector...)
    Do you think giving the 3DS to the shop I bought it for warrenty will work ? If it works, will my pokemon X eShop version and my save will still be here, intact ? I have another 3DSs (A small one, and the 3DS XL for gateway) so I could be sure by transferring, but gateway 2.0 still not out, so I can't use the 3DS XL for transfer, and I gave the small 3DS to a friend who wanted to play pokemon X so hard...

Some advices please ? I don't want to keep a almost new 3DS XL limited editions like this, and I already broke too much things inside 3DSs and I don't want to void the warrenty by opening it myslef.

It look's like that :
    [​IMG]

2. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    Yup, i'd contact the shop where purchased for either a refund or replacement.

3. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    And this people is why we have screen protectors.

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    it's not like whatever it was went through the screen... how would a protector stop this?

5. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    But his is brand new. Plus wouldn't screen protectors just prevent scratches?

cearp likes this.
  6. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Not nessecarily. He said he was cleaning it so that could very well be water/spit/any liquid that seeped through the screen when cleaning it. Theres always the chance of that happening when cleaning any lcd which is why Nintendo advises you to clean with a damp cloth. By the way, he said he just saw it today. Who's to say it hasnt been there for days? He did say afterall he's broken things already in the 3DS before. He could just be very careless (No offense OP).

7. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    sure, but with things like that, whatever it is would have had to get through the cracks on the edges of the screen. having a protector will not necessarily cover those up. water/dust cannot permeate through the screen and get under it.

8. Phoenix0806

Phoenix0806 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2013
    United States
    Looks like that there are something wrong with your screen. Maybe you should find some place to fix it .