Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Judge Dredd Karl "SF" Urban stars in another SF project, a buddy cop show set 30-something years in the future, where (when) technology is awesome, crime is rampant, and cars still don't fly.

Dredd Urban's character, a cop who is part robot, is assigned a new partner (played by Michael Ealy), an android who is part human. Together they fight crimes. Duh.

Aaaanyway, two episodes are already out, and so far I'm enjoying it a lot. It's constructed almost entirely of SF cliches. The android is much more of a snarky troll than the trailer suggests, Karl "Voice Of Gravel" Urban is his usual Karl Urbany self (which is good), the plots are eh alright I guess, the dialogue is okay, albeit a bit stilted in places (only one , the visuals are nice, the little nods to classics of the future-cop-and-robot genre (it's a thing) are neat, not sure where it will go in the long run but so far it's an entertaining watch.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A Fox sci fi show... as it is basically bound to be cancelled it could probably be an exception to my "only when cancelled or several series are available" rule.

D

Deleted_171835

Got caught up in the show and I can honestly say I'm in love, jives with everything I've been looking for in a sci-fi show since Fringe. Production values are great as is the chemistry between the two leads, the technology is plausible enough, there's appropriately cyberpunkish music and so far the writing isn't bad. Really looking forward to see where this goes.

L3kT8Il.gif

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Finally got around to watching it. I quite enjoyed it to a point, the dialogue was witty and nice, and the characters are fairly diverse. I love Mackenzie Crook as Rudy, he's quite funny and seems to be the perfect actor for the role.

Though I do find the show to be fairly predictable (Especially the second episode, the plot was incredibly obvious from the very beginning, even before
we knew the red-haired girl in the beginning was a sexbot being made with human DNA. The scans and her manner gave it away instantly.
)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, cancelled. Oh well, was a good show, but might as well forget about it now. Like it never existed.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's a high concept science fiction program on Fox. It could only end one way...

Firefly 2: Electric Boogaloo

D

Deleted_171835

Show started off as a good sci-fi procedural but I was hoping it would eventually abandon those procedural roots for a more serialized story later (like another favourite show of mine, Person of Interest, hint hint). It didn't and ended up being a been there done that retread of old police procedural storylines with the only exception being the awesome chemistry between the two main guys.

Had potential (maybe if they dealt with what was behind the wall) but I can't say this cancellation is much of a loss.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated