Hacking all games fail to load

yas78687

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, i hope you can help,

I am using the config usb loader cios 222 for my fat32 ext usb - and have stored some games on the ext hdd - and they all worked great until today.

I was transferring some over, seemed fine - but now none of the games will load, an "error loading game" comment appearing, although all the games still show up... :/ and after failing to load, it goes back to the list of the games in the config usb loader...
just to note i just noticed that the pc where i transferred the games from to the usb after converting to wbfs stated that there was an error transferring all the files (the games) to the hard drive... dont know why because it only mentioned it once i tried to shut down the pc and way after the ext hdd was disconnected lol...
also as games working before are not anymore but are still showing up, im a little worried.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

also just to mention nothing unusual happens on trying to load the game ie a green screen etc...

regards

yas

yas78687

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i was wondering if the wiimms wbfs tool would be able to fix it - although i dont use a wbfs partition but instead store the wbfs files on a fat32 drive. also i tried to run the wwt tool on my windows vista but have no idea how to do so. i tried to run it in command but it comes back with ""wwt -h" is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

i am honestly a little hopeless and lost lol.

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To run a program from command prompt, you either need to specify the path to the program, or run the program from the path that the EXE is in.

It's always a good idea to do a 'Safely Remove Hardware' when removing external drives (USB, flash, whatever).

I would be surprised if your whole FAT32 partition is corrupted. Maybe just a bad .WBFS file..? I would try removing whatever was being transferred when you received that error message.

I think I would open up Wii Backup Manager and see if you can export the .WBFS files to .ISO

Try a different loader too. With all of the changes in supported partitions and formats lately (FAT, NTFS, .WBFS, .ISO), I've been going back and forth with CFG and GX.

yas78687

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks clockwork - will give it a try - also the fat32 drive is working sound overall - so must be the wbfs - will remove the wbfs files added since the prob started and see if that helps

thanks again!

yas78687

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tried removing the new wbfs's added, didnt work
frown.gif

also tried to convert the old wbfs files to iso using the wbfs gui - instantly replied with "unable to open wbfs" for the ones i tried, but i tried to install another game from original onto the wii and that works fine, whereas the others dont.

i guess those games are a little fried
frown.gif

is there no way to repair them?
frown.gif

jstevenson72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yas,

You might best be served by formatting your wbfs partition and then recopying your games to it.

The thing to remember ALWAYS use the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the system tray to shutdown your USB drive before unplugging it.

I see people do this incorrectly all the time and eventually they get some corruption. Unfortunately there is no chkdsk to run on a WBFS formatted partition...

Good Luck,

Jake

yas78687

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks Jake
frown.gif

its just a shame and will take a long time to get the games back on again - which i dont seem to have at the moment lol
frown.gif

i have to admit i didnt use the "safely remove hardware" icon - my own fault i guess - never really been a problem before lol!

thanks again Jake and Clockwork!

jstevenson72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your very welcome. Sorry to hear u don't have the discs...That's a pain.

I know my kids scratch every disc they get their hands on, so I store all games as .wbfs files on my file server, that way when/if the USB drive fails I have a safe backup...

Jake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-