All cias deleted with no reason! D:

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AdowTatep, Dec 26, 2015.

1. AdowTatep
    OP

AdowTatep GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    Hey guys, i installed a .cia update in my .cia game, then when i got back to the emunand, all my cias have disappeared.

They're there and i can fix it?
    They were completely deleted?(so they won't use space from my sdcard? if this i can normally install them again, i'm just worried if they are still there using my sdcard space)
    or they just disappeared but they files remain in my sd card and i'm screwed and have to reformat everything?

:cry::cry:

2. Sendel

Sendel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2015
    France
    were you in data management in sysnand ?

3. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    No, never. I just opened big blue menu and installed some cias updates, when i tried to go back to home, all of them disappeared. The strange part is that when i tried to reinstall them it says they're already installed

4. Sendel

Sendel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2015
    France
    I don't see.

Zidapi likes this.
  5. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Which cfw are you using?

6. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    Gateway, sysnand on 9.1 and emunand 9.1

7. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Do you have the knowledge to set up rxtools and check if they appear again?

8. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    I don't even know what this is, i'm not in the scene for a loooong time, since they launched the first new 3ds gateway

9. raibot

raibot Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    Your cia files should still be there as long as you didn't actually delete them in BBM. It even tells you that they're already installed. So they are definitely there. Try loading up pastaCFW or some combination of a Sysnand or Emunand

10. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    Yeah, i'm trying to but i formatted sysnand to unlink with emunand(i think it was already unlink but i did it so i could be sure) and now i'm not getting gateway to boot again, neither via ds profile or via browser, it just says "gateway 3ds loading..."

My sysnand is still at 9.1

11. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    Edit:
    I forgot i had to do it with cubic ninja, i'll do it again and try this

12. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    you should move on to use RxTools man, my Red GW card is resting up for now.

autoboot into RxTools emuNAND is the best, it is the same as GW emuNAND pretty sweet. you should check @wurstpistole < tutorial for the n3ds , if you are not lazy try the rxtools cfw with autoboot.

Edit: to read that you still rely on the browser to load up GW emuNAND wow.. you have patience my friend, then do yourself as well a favor and try RxTOOLS cfw XDD not forcing you , but give it a look !

even Mset was not enough for me,

Autoboot was the main reason why i moved on to using CFW , fyi. my friend ( Autoboot will boot your n3ds directly into emuNAND if you use rxtools with it, meaning when you turn your n3ds on it will boot you straight into your emuNAND).

Last edited by leonmagnus99, Dec 26, 2015
  13. ac3ds

ac3ds PlayStation Addict

Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    A box
    When you get back in try booting the games from BBM or FBI.

Ammako likes this.
  14. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    I'll definetely try that, i didn't touched my n3ds too much(like, since april 2015 or so), so i'm really out of the scene and never knew it had already something like this.

15. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    I like how bits and pieces start emerging as the thread progress, so you attempt to format your sysnand but did you remember to remove your internal SD card? These CIA updates, were they EXACTLY for your region cia game? I'm unsure if its possible to install a different region cia update but its not a good idea to do, to me that is.

16. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern

Yes, the update is from the exact region as the .cia

And yes, i did remove my SD AND the Cartridge that was on the 3DS. I forgot what i needed to do to get back to emunand, messed up old 3ds methods with new 3ds's(since i've had both). But now i'm set up again, well. I'm back to the same emunand(i didn't wanted a new one anyways), and they aren't still there.

Now i'll try this new rxTools method, but first, i might ask: I can do it with gateway already set up? And i can still use the same emuNand? or i'll have to lose everything? my saves, etc?

17. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    also if the Update had a bad install it will make your games disappear.

I had that

Solution, delete the folder in SD card or Data management that had the game update, then restart device

So go into the card and find the game ID for the game you were updating and delete the folder

18. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    damn thats gonna sucks if he loses his gamesaves...

19. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    it will if i don't back up them correctly, i'll back up the entire SD just in case, i'm gonna use rxTolls by the way so i'll just make everything from scratch

20. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    try go to Data Management in emunand