Alien Vs predator ban overturned in australia.

Dark Blade

Flippin' Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
They scared or what?
sleep.gif

D

Deleted User

I think one of the more interesting points is how the software company reacted to the RC. They didn't even seem to care and said they wouldn't release the game in Australia at all as if the Australian market was nothing to them anyway.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It is simple-minded to think that this has anything to do with the game itself. Any politician attacking a game is merely an incompetent who fails at other administrative tasks and has to find an easy scapegoat to create commotion, deviating attention from more serious matters.

The Aus people just happen to have the bad luck of this 15-yo restriction being in place, since it sets up a perfect trampoline for fake moralists.

driverzx

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Edgedancer said:
driverzx said:
Why the hell doesn't Australia have a 18+ rating? Anyway, the people who really want the game can always get a copy imo.
But is it certainly becoming riskier. I know of a couple of people that imported the uncut version of Left 4 Dead 2 who got it taken by customs and fined $1000.
But they were under 18, right?

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
...Why are you guys just complaining about this being let through? If you can't handle the gore, then don't buy it and go play Hello Kitty Island Adventure. However, for those who can handle it and who want it, now they can get it without paying ridiculous amounts for imports and having it be fined by customs. Also, couldn't they just require people to be carded before buying a game? It's like alcohol. I'm pretty sure that's required for M-rated titles here in the States (although not a lot of people care since odds are, if you're under 18 and going to buy the game, you'll have an 18+ guardian). And yeah, parents will buy the game for their less-than-18 kids, but who cares? That's the parent's decision, and that's what the whole MA18+ thing should be. Letting parents choose if a video game is appropriate for their kid.

And, Mr. Atkinson, Rapeplay is my favorite games! Don't be hatin'!

That was sarcasm, buttholes.
It is not that I cannot handle the gore. It is more that it is a perfect example of the Classification Review Board not doing their job properly as this title is not appropriate for kids under the age of 18. I agree with you that it is the parents responsibilities to moderate what their children watch and play and this is the argument that many voices are putting forward. And you are also right that most will have a guardian present when purchasing but having an R18+ classification on the box will make parent more aware of what they are purchasing as the MA15+ is not always consistent.

driverzx said:
Edgedancer said:
QUOTE(driverzx @ Dec 21 2009, 09:54 PM) Why the hell doesn't Australia have a 18+ rating? Anyway, the people who really want the game can always get a copy imo.
But is it certainly becoming riskier. I know of a couple of people that imported the uncut version of Left 4 Dead 2 who got it taken by customs and fined $1000.
But they were under 18, right?
No. Simply importing titles that are refused classification is illegal regardless of your age. The people I have heard about were in their 30's.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
Edgedancer said:
No. Simply importing titles that are refused classification is illegal regardless of your age. The people I have heard about were in their 30's.
that's why you download
smileipb2.png
You keep pushing that idea but what about the people that do not pirate games.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
Bladexdsl said:
Edgedancer said:
that's why you download
smileipb2.png
You keep pushing that idea but what about the people that do not pirate games.

People that don't pirate games?

What year is this? Is this the fucking 1800's?

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
this is just one game of the many tht were banned... this could probably cause other games to follow but think this rollercoaster of yes or no to banning is unprofessional and should be revised rather than just unstrategically doing so

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well it;s about F**king time that Australia grew a pair!

Just make a MA18+ rating and tell retail stores not to sell the game to those under the age of 18 and that any sale from retail to those persons under the age of 18 are able to be punished by law.

^Above^
This is how we do things in America! Does it stop people under the age of 18 from playing the game? No, but it does REQUIRE patients to buy the game for them and not just give a 10 year old $60.00 and tell him that he can buy any game he wants.

-This is not the only thing that Australia has done that is either Stupid or outright blasphemy.
They have toned down the gore in Left for Dead 2 and banned a number of other games in the past.

I think all of the other European Countries should get with the times and not be so shocked if somebody gets shanked and has their guts spill out. Just rate the damn thing 18+ for mature persons over the age of eighteen only and focus your power on MORE IMPORTANT THINGS like those HUGE RATS IN THE SEWERS!

MuppetInvasion

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Another victory for Australia
smile.gif
Valve can suck multiple hairy penises. (LFD2)

I am 14. I do not meet the age requirements for %80 or more of my Xbox 360 games. I DON'T CARE when someone does a horrible and gruesome death. In real life I would be torn apart, however I don't give a f*ck that a virtual character who never really existed dies a bloody, realistic death. When they die its really no deal at all, using a controller is NOTHING like real life guns or swords, I don't see the connection to real life at all. If only the old farts in parliament had grown up with more then a cup-and-ball. Now I'm just waiting for Kitten Masher 3: The Bloodying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end