Alien Vs Predator 2 problems

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by CrimzonEyed, Jun 16, 2010.

Jun 16, 2010
  1. CrimzonEyed
    OP

Member CrimzonEyed GBAtemp's Assassin

Japan
    I installed my old copy of AvP2, which runs absolutely beautifully, except for one problem. The vision modes that require the 'negative' image style, namely Alien Navigation Vision and Predator Technovision, do not work, rather displaying a black screen when these vision modes are entered. Curiously, the menu and Mission Information screen (accessed by pressing 'Tab') both work great, and the game continues to function normally, even returning my sight when I exit the particular special vision mode. Predator human and alien tracking modes work like a charm as well.

any ideas how to fix?

HP 6510b laptop
    Mobil Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family
    2GB Ram
    Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80 GHz 1.80 GHz
    Windows 7 x64 bit OS

(all drivers should be up to date as far as i know, also AvP got the latest patch)

2. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    ok I will bite on this one

seems that this game is quite old

Release Date: October 30, 2001

so it might be the actual drivers which are the problem here, its ok having up to date drivers for latest games but for old games this doesnt always apply, it could be the OS too which is the culprit or adding to the problems, try putting compatibility mode to xp if you can, see if that works, or if you got another pc laying around try it on that as my guess would be the game is either incompatible with the drivers and OS or both, remeber the old days when DX7 games wouldn't work on DX9, try co compatibility mode or another pc, I would say roll your graphics card driver back to an old one but for you that wont work as your on W7

3. CrimzonEyed
    OP

Japan
    it's kinda silly cuz avp1 works perfectly with tech vision :/ and that game is even older....

4. sputnix

Member sputnix GBAtemp Fan

Bangladesh
  5. CrimzonEyed
    OP

Japan
    bah and it works on my borhters laptop and he have exactly the same model..